• Vital

Votes: 201 87.0%
  • Bouk

Votes: 27 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
My friend, who's never played basketball in his life before, has a very strong opinion on the matter and of course I turn to the yard to settle this debate as he is on here too. I think it is clear and obvious that currently, our best overall player is Vital.He says it's Bouknight because he doesn't understand basketball and just sees him glide through ease and score at will. Fair point. There's more to the game than that. Bouk will be the guy next year, has an insane amount of potential and is our best pure scorer, but overall it's Vital and it doesn't even deserve a thread about it honestly. But I need to make a point. If you disagree with me you have the Corona Virus.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Vital. Bouknight is probably about 90 days from passing him though.

Interesting to note that after an early conference loss, Hurley said "Akok is our best player." I think it was a statement made out of frustration though.

Reaction Score
Vital. Bouknight is probably about 90 days from passing him though.

Interesting to note that after an early conference loss, Hurley said "Akok is our best player." I think it was a statement made out of frustration though.
At the time CV was still chucking up dumb shots with a loser mentality and Bouk hadn't developed this much yet. CV's mind has caught up with his effort and this man is on a mission.

Reaction Score
I agree that Vital is our best player but I'm confident that Vital's effectiveness corresponds with Bouk playing more. Bouk's effectiveness, on the other hand, is independent of Vital which bodes well next year.

Reaction Score
Makes me think of how right Coach Quinn's assessment of Vital was and how it finally came to fruition.

“Christian is a player a coach loves to work with,” St. Thomas More head coach Jere Quinn said. “He is the first in the gym and last to leave. He has all the intangibles as a player. His skill set is many. He loves to defend but can score in a many ways. He is a great kid with a bright future.”

“CV is a tremendous competitor and a lock-down defender who takes pride in defense,” St. Thomas More assistant Pat Quinn told SNY. “He can knock down shots and is go-to in the clutch.”

Reaction Score
My friend, who's never played basketball in his life before, has a very strong opinion on the matter and of course I turn to the yard to settle this debate as he is on here too. I think it is clear and obvious that currently, our best overall player is Vital.He says it's Bouknight because he doesn't understand basketball and just sees him glide through ease and score at will. Fair point. There's more to the game than that. Bouk will be the guy next year, has an insane amount of potential and is our best pure scorer, but overall it's Vital and it doesn't even deserve a thread about it honestly. But I need to make a point. If you disagree with me you have the Carona Virus.
This goes down in boneyard history as perhaps the dumbest question. Like asking who was the better pitcher , Pedro or Ramon Martinez

Reaction Score
I don't know how much bball IQ is nature v nurture, but as soon as CV cut back on (but didn't entirely eliminate yet) the ridiculously stupid jacked up 3's five seconds into the shot clock or the other bonehead plays he'd be even more impressive. Hard to hold it against him after he survived the KO tenure and coaching switch though.

On the other hand, I think I gave him too much stick early on for forcing it too much on the offensive end and for generally being a flat track bully, but in retrospect I think he and AG felt like they had to shoot 20+ times a game because the freshman just weren't ready yet.

Reaction Score
This goes down in boneyard history as perhaps the dumbest question. Like asking who was the better pitcher , Pedro or Ramon Martinez
If I'm interpreting this right it's not a good example. Ramon was once better before Pedro came up and then Pedro blew him out of the water. It will be the same with CV and Bouknight.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I agree that Vital is our best player but I'm confident that Vital's effectiveness corresponds with Bouk playing more. Bouk's effectiveness, on the other hand, is independent of Vital which bodes well next year.
Well, right back at ya...when you have a team leader doing his thing as well as CV has been, JB's effectiveness seems "independent" of it all. Bouk sorta missed the plane to Tulane and they still won. If it was totally on Bouk right now, things would look a lot different (a.k.a. worse).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well, right back at ya...when you have a team leader doing his thing as well as CV has been, JB's effectiveness seems "independent" of it all. Bouk sorta missed the plane to Tulane and they still won. If it was totally on Bouk right now, things would look a lot different (a.k.a. worse).
Agreed
The team can win without Bouk this season but it doesn't stand an ice cubes chance in hell without CV

Reaction Score
Vital by a country wide mile. Bouknight has way more talent and potential but Vital right now is the better overall player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom