Our backcourt | The Boneyard

Our backcourt

Reaction Score
Our backcourt is really good right now, it has a chance to be special next year. CV has helped teach these young guys a lot and he'll be missed.

Bouknight is a little too skinny and too green to leave now and I consider us really fortunate because his talent is one and done type talent. He's going to get 20 ppg next year in his sleep and Gaffney is going to make a major jump. You add Cole and Adams to that with Jackson's guard skills/athleticism at 6'6 and wow.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Adams has impressed at times this year and I'm really excited to see him contribute more as an upperclassman next year. Seems like he is a great worker in the offseason so I'm definitely expecting him to improve even more for next year. Would love him to be a more consistent shooter. He is likely gonna get all of the toughest defensive assignments next year with CV gone.

Reaction Score
When I think about the future of our backcourt I be like

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Reaction Score
I love Gaffney. He's still not all the way there but have a confidence in him with the ball in his hands that I don't have with some of the others. Sophomore Gaffney is going to be so much fun, let alone when he's an upperclassmen and the roster is loaded with Hurley/Big East guys

Reaction Score
I love Gaffney. He's still not all the way there but have a confidence in him with the ball in his hands that I don't have with some of the others. Sophomore Gaffney is going to be so much fun, let alone when he's an upperclassmen and the roster is loaded with Hurley/Big East guys
He definitely is timid right now but I'd rather that at this point than reckless and out of control. He hardly makes big errors.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He might be the best point guard in the big east as a senior.

That play where he passed out of the 3 to find Whaley was the perfect example of his talent. His awareness is exactly what you want in a lead guard/playmaker.

Once he realizes he has the offensive talent and takes more shots, he'll be a great secondary scorer.

Reaction Score
Gaffney has the potential to be a really solid 4 year player. I imagine he will get the keys back after Cole. Unless Cole plays more a of a 2 role next year, which I can see if he's the shooter we desperately need. He has the head, just needs to tighten up on the freshmen flubs which are mainly due to hesitancy. I'm sure his handle will tighten up too. I see him becoming a Marcus Williams type. Not quite as good a passer, but a better shooter. Lets hope he has the weapons Marcus had. Hurley should recruit a Boatright / AG type sidekick for him in 2021. Someone to help him with the pressure.

Reaction Score
Listen to what Hurley says about Gaffney in today's press conference.

Reaction Score
Isn't Adams on Pace to graduate in 3 years? Hope he gets his master's at UConn!

Reaction Score
Agreed. Adams has impressed at times this year and I'm really excited to see him contribute more as an upperclassman next year. Seems like he is a great worker in the offseason so I'm definitely expecting him to improve even more for next year. Would love him to be a more consistent shooter. He is likely gonna get all of the toughest defensive assignments next year with CV gone.
Yesterday I pointed out that Adams has been settling for 3s and actually attempted more of them than 2s. Today he used his strength and made a concerted effort to drive the bell and the results followed. I hope he continues to play as he did today:

Reaction Score
What in God's Name is Sid thinking there? Funny look after that monster jam.

Wondering same, but it must be something like: "I coulda had a V8"

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yesterday I pointed out that Adams has been settling for 3s and actually attempted more of them than 2s. Today he used his strength and made a concerted effort to drive the bell and the results followed. I hope he continues to play as he did today:
He didn't play a lot last year so the occasional clunker game is to be expected. As long as they are few and far in between. Shoot, hopefully they are now behind him.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Gaffney has the potential to be a really solid 4 year player. I imagine he will get the keys back after Cole. Unless Cole plays more a of a 2 role next year, which I can see if he's the shooter we desperately need. He has the head, just needs to tighten up on the freshmen flubs which are mainly due to hesitancy. I'm sure his handle will tighten up too. I see him becoming a Marcus Williams type. Not quite as good a passer, but a better shooter. Lets hope he has the weapons Marcus had. Hurley should recruit a Boatright / AG type sidekick for him in 2021. Someone to help him with the pressure.
'I imagine he will get the keys back after Cole.'
wait, what? you didn't really just say this, did you?

Reaction Score
He didn't play a lot last year so the occasional clunker game is to be expected. As long as they are few and far in between. Shoot, hopefully they are now behind him.
I didn’t say he had a lot of clunkers, just that he was settlling for too many threes. I was referring to his style of play today and hoping we see more of that from him.

Reaction Score
'I imagine he will get the keys back after Cole.'
wait, what? you didn't really just say this, did you?
No, I said it 2 1/2 hrs ago.

Congrats on learning English, sort of.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger