Our 3 Wade Nominees | The Boneyard

Our 3 Wade Nominees

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Are we so jaded as to allow this to pass unannounced?

UConn women's trio named to Wade Trophy watch list

"The Women’s Basketball Coaches Association announced the candidates for the trophy, which is given to the best basketball player in the nation. This is the third award watch list to which the trio has been nominated together. Samuelson, Collier and Dangerfield were also named to the Naismith watch list this month and the Wooden Award preseason top 30."

Reaction Score
Great to see. Hopefully there isn't an "anointed one" this year.
This must be very recent article... haven't seen it on UCONN web site or ESPN.
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Here's the press release by the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA), which lists all the 35 nominees including those from UConn (congrats) and Notre Dame. These two schools make up more than 20% of the nominees this year.
WBCA announces 2018-19 Wade Watch list

And here are the ND nominees:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
5 ND nominees! Time to break up ND. ;)

PS. I do find it a little odd to have Turner, out for a year, on the list, but maybe this award, unlike some others, does not make mid-season changes.

Reaction Score

PS. I do find it a little odd to have Turner, out for a year, on the list, but maybe this award, unlike some others, does not make mid-season changes.
Laksa is also on the list, and she won't be playing any more this year.

Reaction Score

YEP... I can hear the throngs already... "ND gets ALL the BEST Players"... until someone else wins the NC... :D;);)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
YEP... I can hear the throngs already... "ND gets ALL the BEST Players"... until someone else wins the NC... :D;);)

It's amazing what a medical redshirt and a transfer can do to inflate one particular season:
- If she hadn't been injured with the ACL, grad student Bri Turner would be in Russia, China or Turkey playing winter ball right now.
- If she hadn't transferred, Jessica Shepard would be a Nebraska representative.
- And the Irish would have three reps (Mabrey, Ogunbowale and Young -- two seniors and a junior), just like UConn.

Reaction Score
Great to see. Hopefully there isn't an "anointed one" this year.
This must be very recent article... haven't seen it on UCONN web site or ESPN.
Thanks for sharing.
Her name is Sabrina Ionescu. ESPN article titled her the “Triple Double Queen”. We’ve seen this before, might as well ship the award to Eugene.

Reaction Score
Her name is Sabrina Ionescu. ESPN article titled her the “Triple Double Queen”. We’ve seen this before, might as well ship the award to Eugene.
ONLY ESPN-W has put her at #1 thus far... most sources I've heard or read say there are several that have legit shot at the NPOY awards. Maybe Sabrina will win it... but I hope most voters are open minded this season.

Reaction Score
In 2014, Breanna Stewart, Chiney Ogwumike and Odyssey Sims all won NPOY awards. This could easily be another year where multiple players win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom