Our 2023 verbals can sign...when? | The Boneyard

Our 2023 verbals can sign...when?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Does that period start on November 9 or Nov. 16?

Shade/Arnold/Samuels and...?
Fingers crossed for El Alfy...hey...why not be delighted with Juste Joycte as well? JJ signing would be coming out of left field...
Fenway's left field...a Monster of a recruiting class!

Reaction Score
1666535610826.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am not up on this stuff. Are there any UConn (or other major) recruits that declared early but did sign in the early period?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I believe a recruit cannot sign a LOI until November of their Senior year in High School.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Early signing date is Nov. 9-16.
Shade/Arnold and Samuelson are all seniors. If El Alfy is considering
early graduation I assume that means she is also in the class of 2023...a senior....who maybe plans to graduate
in the middle of this academic year and perhaps enter college for the second semester. This does seem to happen with some regularity in football.

JJ? There has always been some doubt about what year she is in...I have seen guesses of 2023/2024/2025.

Reaction Score
Early signing date is Nov. 9-16.
Shade/Arnold and Samuelson are all seniors. If El Alfy is considering
early graduation I assume that means she is also in the class of 2023...a senior....who maybe plans to graduate
in the middle of this academic year and perhaps enter college for the second semester. This does seem to happen with some regularity in football.

JJ? There has always been some doubt about what year she is in...I have seen guesses of 2023/2024/2025.

I think Euros have to have completed HS before being eligible in wcbb so the question is when does she graduate?

Reaction Score
I think Euros have to have completed HS before being eligible in wcbb so the question is when does she graduate?
Wasn't there a comment somewhere by JANA that she was "home schooled"?? My impression is
that I heard somewhere that she might be "done". I think that Alydar is correct about FIBA
( Europe, Africia, Australia, etc ); they all should be abidding by the same guidelines. Anyhow,
we'll know soon. The signing deadline for next year is coming up soon: 11/9 - 11/ 16 ( if this is the year for her to come if this is the correct year for Jana to come in the Spring(?). Or is there more fog in this scenario??)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wasn't there a comment somewhere by JANA that she was "home schooled"?? My impression is
that I heard somewhere that she might be "done". I think that Alydar is correct about FIBA
( Europe, Africia, Australia, etc ); they all should be abidding by the same guidelines. Anyhow,
we'll know soon. The signing deadline for next year is coming up soon: 11/9 - 11/ 16 ( if this is the year for her to come if this is the correct year for Jana to come in the Spring(?). Or is there more fog in this scenario??)
Fog GIF

Reaction Score

Fingers crossed for El Alfy...hey...why not be delighted with Juste Joycte as well? JJ signing would be coming out of left field...
I'm not sure when El Alfy will sign but I do know that it certainly appears she's a heavy UConn lean as she now follows almost every player and coach on the team.........she would be an extremely important addition but I'm not counting my chickens just yet...............Joycte is a generational talent and would be a spectacular signing..........she's one of those players perfectly built to play for Geno........

sun

Reaction Score

Scholarship Offers: Can a Coach Pull Your Offer After You Have Committed?

Legally, yes. Until you sign an NLI (National Letter of Intent), anything verbal is non-binding on either side. Verbal commitments from players are non-binding as well, and you have the right to change your mind before signing an NLI.
In some cases, you may not get a warning to make a decision if another player they have equal interest in decides to commit. Your recruitment can end at any time for reasons you can’t always control. Experienced coaches can usually be up front with you about how the process is going from their perspective and where you fit in.

Reaction Score

Scholarship Offers: Can a Coach Pull Your Offer After You Have Committed?

Legally, yes. Until you sign an NLI (National Letter of Intent), anything verbal is non-binding on either side. Verbal commitments from players are non-binding as well, and you have the right to change your mind before signing an NLI.
In some cases, you may not get a warning to make a decision if another player they have equal interest in decides to commit. Your recruitment can end at any time for reasons you can’t always control. Experienced coaches can usually be up front with you about how the process is going from their perspective and where you fit in.

This ain’t SEC football. WBB coaches rarely pull offers and players rarely flip at the last minute. I think the latter is more common than the former but still rare.

sun

Reaction Score
This ain’t SEC football. WBB coaches rarely pull offers and players rarely flip at the last minute. I think the latter is more common than the former but still rare.
I think that it's similar to the circumstances involving UConn's recruitment of Ines since she was getting ready to attend a Junior College in Florida.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think that it's similar to the circumstances involving UConn's recruitment of Ines since she was getting ready to attend a Junior College in Florida.
The JUCO didn’t pull the scholly offer to Ines.

sun

Reaction Score
The JUCO didn’t pull the scholly offer to Ines.
It's similar in that a commitment of some type was broken which allowed Ines to change her mind.

Sources seem to indicate that a different type of NLI is used by many Junior Colleges that isn't binding on the NCAA schools.
Changing her mind probably wouldn't have been so easy had Ines actually attended the Junior College.

It just goes to show that anything can happen.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's similar in that a commitment of some type was broken which allowed Ines to change her mind.

Sources seem to indicate that a different type of NLI is used by many Junior Colleges that isn't binding on the NCAA schools.
Changing her mind probably wouldn't have been so easy had Ines actually attended the Junior College.
Yes, the LOI is different. They aren’t required, by the way. A player doesn’t need to sign an LOI to play NCAA sports.

Reaction Score

Is she Green too?

Reaction Score
What happens if they don’t sign by may 17? They can still sign and enroll following that, no?

The school can still extend them an offer and they can accept it and then enroll. However at that point there would be no LOI.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom