OU wants to maintain B12 | The Boneyard

OU wants to maintain B12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is the worst case scenario for UConn. The B12 survives and poaches Cinci, Louisville and the SEC which wanted Mizzou will go after WV instead.

TAM is leaving the B12 for certain. Now there will be no football conference for UConn and BB will be greatly weakened.

Reaction Score
Ummm...SEC offered Mizzou this afternoon. Cincy to the SEC???.....are you mkaing this stuff up as you go along just to mess with us? And where are you hearing the OK wants to stay news???

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Oklahoma wants to stay if there demands are met and they most likely wont be

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Ummm...SEC offered Mizzou this afternoon. Cincy to the SEC???.....are you mkaing this stuff up as you go along just to mess with us? And where are you hearing the OK wants to stay news???
A possibility imo that Cincy and Ville can be invited to B12 and WV invited to SEC if the B12 doesn't implode. All hypothetical of course but the worse case nightmare for UConn if no invite to the ACC or B1G.

Article about OU demands: http://newsok.com/article/3605958

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
Come on, man. At least post that this is a hypothetical in your title.

Reaction Score
....so they wan tto dictate some rules regarding the Texas TV network and they want their commish fired? Maybe we can trade our commish!!

Reaction Score
....so they wnat to dictate some rules regading the Texas TV network and they want their commish fired? Maybe we can trade our commish!!
Last summer Texas held the conference captive, so I guess this year it's Oklahoma's turn.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Come on, man. At least post that this is a hypothetical in your title.

OU wants to maintain B12 is the gist of the article I linked. There is nothing stated that the B12 votes to stay together in my title. How is this misleading?

I read the article and am hoping like heck Texas says no way because if not and they agree to all the demands, and Texas A&M leaves for the SEC which they have reaffirmed in the article, and Mizzou elects to stay with the B12, then UConn can be in big trouble if they don't get into the ACC or B1G. It would not take much imagination to believe the B12 poaches Cincy and Ville and the SEC invites WV to balance A&M.

Reaction Score
it will all come down to 4 16-team conferences, call them what you want, but that is where all this is heading, either today, next month or next year. so, UConn needs to be one of the 64 regardless of the insanity that is going on now.

Reaction Score
This is the worst case scenario for UConn. The B12 survives and poaches Cinci, Louisville and the SEC which wanted Mizzou will go after WV instead.

TAM is leaving the B12 for certain. Now there will be no football conference for UConn and BB will be greatly weakened.

Not sure if this is all bad. If the B12 stays together, Texas is eliminated as an ACC candidate, maybe Mizzou stays and opens up a spot in the SEC for WVU and or Louisville. ND feels less pressure to make a move leaving us and RU as the only viable ACC options.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is all bad. If the B12 stays together, Texas is eliminated as an ACC candidate, maybe Mizzou stays and opens up a spot in the SEC for WVU and or Louisville. ND feels less pressure to make a move leaving us and RU as the only viable ACC options.
I hope you're right.

Reaction Score
It seems reasonable that teams that are considering leaving the Big 12 would "try" to keep the conference together. Many people have their personal reputations at stake as well as potential legal liabilities. After the negative publicity about Pitt and Syracuse's move from the BE, it's clear you don't want to be considered the bad guy. All of the Big 12 teams want to deflect blame and point to Texas as the college that caused the Big 12 to collapse.

One other point. Oklahoma State's board doesn't meet until tomorrow, so there was no way Oklahoma was coming out today and saying they were leaving without Oklahoma State's board approving the move as they are tied together.

Reaction Score
The hard part to predict in all of this is Texas and ND - the big ego schools. Texas wants their own network and to tote around the Longhorn Network. ND is ND - was great seeing how they were upset with the Cuse for taking off when they've been poaching off the BE for years. If that ain't funny. Both schools have enormous egos and are just looking for the best package to them - so the million dollar question is do they want to join the best conference, the one that makes the most sense to them on all logical points or do they want to go to a conference where they can be a bigger cheese/be the dominant presence.

ND football is not what is used to be - hardly what I would even call a top 25 team anymore. Sure the pundits throw them in their preseasons given their brand, but they underachieve on an annual basis and haven't won anything in ages. What they do have is a fat TV contract. But to put them in the Big 12 in a BCS conference situation with 4 power conferences - they may never see a BCS playoff given where they are today. So maybe they do go to a much weaker ACC where they actually have a chance and lock up the NE corridor/fanbase. A tough nut to crack that would all allow the pieces to fall into place.

Reaction Score
I don't think OU is asking for that much but I do think with Colorado, Texas A&M, Missouri gone that ESPN may not be happy with what's left. I also think OU is just using this to force the Pac12 to accept them without Texas, and thereby force Texas's hand. Once the Pac12 presidents figure it out, and make the offer, we'll be back to where we were 12 hours ago.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I don't think OU is asking for that much but I do think with Colorado, Texas A&M, Missouri gone that ESPN may not be happy with what's left. I also think OU is just using this to force the Pac12 to accept them without Texas, and thereby force Texas's hand. Once the Pac12 presidents figure it out, and make the offer, we'll be back to where we were 12 hours ago.
The more I reflected on things, the more I've come to the same conclusion. But concern was my immediate reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom