OU vs. WVU | The Boneyard

OU vs. WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good game so far.

Can't avoid seeing plenty of empty seats at WVU.

Top team and historical program makings its first aplearance at WVU and they are a few thousand short of filling the stadium. If WVU keeps getting 4-5 losses a year their fanbase will quickly dwindle.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I though WVU was going to prove how legitimate the Big East is with a good Big 12 showing. Guess that went out the window.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I though WVU was going to prove how legitimate the Big East is with a good Big 12 showing. Guess that went out the window.
Fuc7 them started out like a ball of fire but a few teams have pissed on their parade.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Good game so far.

Can't avoid seeing plenty of empty seats at WVU.

Top team and historical program makings its first aplearance at WVU and they are a few thousand short of filling the stadium. If WVU keeps getting 4-5 losses a year their fanbase will quickly dwindle.

I was going to post this exact statement. We all complain that we can't pull fans but here's a fan base that I thought was a strong one and they can't even fill their stadium for one of the most historic programs in the country, Oklahoma. I was SHOCKED when I saw that entire side of the stadium having a half filled upper deck. When Michigan comes to UConn, which I feel is fairly equal is magnitude, I know that the Rent will be sold out. Kinda shocked at the empty seats in Morgantown tonight.

That being said, I don't think their fan base will dwindle as there is absolutely NOTHING to do in Morgantown, let alone West Virginia than follow WVU athletics.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
WVU still in it... failed to convert a 4th and 1 though

Reaction Score
WVU is now 5-5 and has remaining games @ ISU and Kansas at home. Pinstripe Bowl for the 'Eers I'm guessing.

Reaction Score
those empty seats surprised me also....after 5 games they were annointed to be conf champs, play in in the championsip game, geno was the heisman trophy winner, then reality sets in. wonder how they'll deal with next yr when geno, austin graduate & bailey possibly leaves for the nfl. defense is pretty much non-existent in the b12....hope no one makes a push for don brown

Reaction Score
Nice job West Virginia. I guess that money you spent on getting to the Big 12 was the reason why you couldn't even have a functioning play clock in your stadium.

Reaction Score
Those empty seats are an issue for any home game the weekend before Thanksgiving. That empty area was the student section. You can't blame the students as WVU shuts down the dorms on Friday so the students can't stay Friday and Saturday nights. This policy is pretty much ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I understand all the commentary on OU-WVU attendance, but I 'm a proponent of looking in the mirror first. I'd love to have WVU's attendance figures at The Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom