OTish - UConn in NBA 2K16? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OTish - UConn in NBA 2K16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a great game best they've ever put out but If your main reason to buy this is because of the UConn inclusion, Don't its very minimal with generic players, generic arena and of limited to My Player's story mode.

Reaction Score
this is good pub. gampel looks sick in 1080p so do the unis. Wish they accurately made the team and gave them fake/no names a la college hoops 2k series. still very cool though
That's not Gampel

Reaction Score
You can thank O'Bannon for that, as if anyone was dying to use his likeness in a video game...
I miss the college games as much as the next cat but it's hard to argue that if they're going to use the player's likeness than those players deserve at least a little compensation.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
2K never actually creates the arenas, they just make a generic one and change the colors and court as well as the crowd's clothing colors to reflect the team playing. Would have really liked if they tried to replicate the college arenas though since there are less than a dozen of them and are classic places to play games.

Reaction Score
its not identical , but the floor looks looks nice and is clearly an attempt to replicate gampel. also fight song//mascot
If you're impressed by that I take it you never played any of the actual College bball games? Most major college teams had the actual arena and not a generic high school gym.

Reaction Score
What would be cool is if they allowed you to use gampel and the uconn jersey (and logo) in myteam; you can collect uconn players (cards) and create a uconn centric team... '08 ray allen in a uconn jersey would be sick, playing along side kemba + drummond + gay...

May not be as fun but you can do that in MyLeague, just turn on trade override and turn off salary cap and then acquire all the UConn alums. The creation tools are impressive, I threw together the 2006 throwbacks last night (can't get the jersey font or numbers dark enough for some reason) and a custom floor design. I tried to make our 96-06 uniforms but getting the shorts correct has been a challenge.

EO6rIo1.jpg

ksOCeqL.jpg

Reaction Score
@Lefty2one dope! I'm waiting to purchase it , for patches and to see reviews of online multiplayer and if the servers are any better but, that looks god damn amazing. excited about the jersey customization feature.

Reaction Score
If you're impressed by that I take it you never played any of the actual College bball games? Most major college teams had the actual arena and not a generic high school gym.

Not joking, this may lead me to buy the game, since I assume its cheap as heck right now

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Not joking, this may lead me to buy the game, since I assume its cheap as heck right now

Guess again. The game has a notoriously dedicated fanbase even after all these years, there are still regular roster updates available online. Last time I checked the prices they were about $25-30 used.

Reaction Score
Guess again. The game has a notoriously dedicated fanbase even after all these years, there are still regular roster updates available online. Last time I checked the prices they were about $25-30 used.

Yeah I didn't know I was stumbling into one of these cult classic video game situations but it makes sense since they stopped here. Seems its on sale 'new' for $20 at gamestop, maybe I can get it a shade cheaper on Ebay

must be good!

Reaction Score
May not be as fun but you can do that in MyLeague, just turn on trade override and turn off salary cap and then acquire all the UConn alums. The creation tools are impressive, I threw together the 2006 throwbacks last night (can't get the jersey font or numbers dark enough for some reason) and a custom floor design. I tried to make our 96-06 uniforms but getting the shorts correct has been a challenge.

EO6rIo1.jpg

ksOCeqL.jpg

You beautiful nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members