OTish - UConn in NBA 2K16? | The Boneyard

OTish - UConn in NBA 2K16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/rumor-nba-2k16-possibly-adding-new-college-teams/

A smart user on the Operation Sports forums found some evidence that 2K Games has acquired the license for 10 college teams. He found this out using the Collegiate Licensing Company website. The colleges included are: Arizona, Arizona State, Georgetown, Louisville, Michigan, Texas, UCLA, UCONN, Villanova, and Wisconsin.

Pasta Padre notes there’s a good chance we may see some of these teams in NBA 2K16 via the game’s MyPlayer mode.

Adding college teams to the MyPlayer mode will make it more realistic. Your player will have to look good in college and then get drafted like it happens in real life. It’s worth mentioning teams might be included, but licensing issues may not mean college players will be in NBA 2K16.

x10sPBF.png

Reaction Score
Damn I was just about to post this ...beat me to it. But this is a really cool feature, depending on how the college teams are actually instrumented into the game. Still, always like to see UConn included!

Reaction Score
Damn I was just about to post this ...beat me to it. But this is a really cool feature, depending on how the college teams are actually instrumented into the game. Still, always like to see UConn included!
Ha- Yeah, just kind of stumbled across it searchin for UConn on Twitter. Would be cool to actually play with UConn in the MyPlayer mode.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
What would be solid is if you got to play the NCAA tournament. The first 2 rounds you can just play generic schools that you're expected to blow out. Then starting in the sweet 16, you get to play the real teams. It would be pretty cool, though it would be odd if they showed you a bracket with 54 generic teams in it.

My thoughts on what will actually happen (because getting to play March Madness is too good to be true) are that these 10 schools recruit you in high school and it's strictly story based. You pick one and then it shows a bunch of college highlights and headlines with you dunking all over the other schools that recruited you. Then suddenly it's time to play in the game where the top prospects play right before the draft.

Reaction Score
Not sure how they could incorporate it into my player, maybe just gampel/ real unis/ KO. but not college players, random guys ( it would be insane if they actually created the uconn roster and even gave them fake names per usual) and your MyPlayer. still would be sick to see. and good for brand no doubt.

I can hear Sager, "welcome to gampel pavilion home of 4 time national chamion uconn huskies as they take on yadda yadda". sweeet

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
2k has risen to Madden-like levels with not only kids but athletes and having UConn in there would be great exposure.

Reaction Score
i wonder if they could legally add all time teams with just nba players from those schools, but have them created to look like they were just coming out of school. So most nba players would be down for that. Starting Five Walker, Allen, Caron, Donyell, and Okafor, all resembling how they looked when they left school. bench of rudy , rip etc.

Reaction Score
that's what I was thinking, that this would more be so they could offer the ability to play as "best all time college" teams. You could play UConns best NBA guys vs Georgetown's, but would they do skills from the player's primes or what?

Reaction Score
From same article:

Obviously the college aspect is not going to be a fully blown out College Hoops 2K experience. There aren’t going to be real players or representations based on them, there aren’t going to be all the schools, things like authentic arenas, or the NCAA’s involvement in any manner of fashion. But could there be some actual licensed universities involved, and will it be something that is playable within the mode? It’s beginning to look like that may be the case.

So assuming these institutions have in fact had their licenses secured for the purposes of the MyCareer Mode in NBA 2K16, which the evidence seems to support, how might they be utilized in the game?

A good guess would be in a tournament structure, in which you’d only have to go up against the other licensed teams, rather than having to ever take on fake teams. Going all the way to win the title would require only six games, so 10+ teams easily covers that. It could be similar to how you’d start in the high school playoffs with the NCAA Football franchise, where everything was generic with the exception of the state title game that was played in a college stadium, but here you’d at least have some real team branding with their logos and uniforms.

Reaction Score
2k has risen to Madden-like levels with not only kids but athletes and having UConn in there would be great exposure.
I would bet this is going to be strictly story based. 2K has really ramped up the cheesy story lines in MyPlayer mode.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I can't imagine that this is for anything other than the MyPlayer mode, but that's still really cool.

2K is bringing in Spike Lee to "direct" their MyPlayer story this year, so I wonder if his relationship with Ray had anything to do with UConn being one of the chosen schools.

Either way, this is really cool.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I would bet this is going to be strictly story based. 2K has really ramped up the cheesy story lines in MyPlayer mode.

Yea - I don't anticipate any gaming company would really want to wade in the NCAA waters anymore ... but if they're going to include the names of a few schools and UConn is included, that's a bonus for us. Get those five letters in the eyes of young kids and athletes.

Reaction Score

Based on this video it looks like the colleges are included in my player mode. Still going to be cool to be playing for Uconn in the game

Reaction Score
Can't believe it took me this long to see the best part: there's no Duke, UK, or Quse on that list!

Reaction Score
Looks like I'm buying nba2k for the first time in my life. Hopefully it's not too much of a learning curve.
it's a consistently great franchise. i've been dying for them to make a full college game using their nba2k engine (despite how impossible that is nowadays) because it plays so well

i actually buy it every year, only sports franchise i can say that for

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hoping they make a full game at some point. I still play NCAA basketball 10 every so often.

Reaction Score
Would be amazing if they made College Hoops 2K again. Would be great to play around with recruiting, March Madness, selection Sunday, storming the court in big victories, a short lived My Player that carries into NBA 2K, etc. So many great things they could do. Would never stop playing.

Reaction Score
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...me-colleges-steph-curry-anthony-davis-reviews

None of the teams will have real life rosters, or even rosters similar to the players on those teams. There won't even be a way to edit player names. The NCAA will not be involved here in any fashion, so its branding is out. For example, a tournament couldn't even be referred to as "March Madness." There will only be a fraction of all the teams across the nation, so it's not as though anyone will be playing through a full season with them. They also may only be utilized within the story mode and not as actual teams to play with outside of that.

Reaction Score
Not letting you edit player names is bogus. Just lost all interest in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom