OTish: Kemba Walker made available by Charlotte in trade talks | The Boneyard

OTish: Kemba Walker made available by Charlotte in trade talks

Reaction Score
Would be cool to see him go to a team where he can actually win but he is loved in Charlotte and doesn't necessarily want to leave. Also with the timing of his next contract, it's probable that the Hornets would give him the best deal.

Reaction Score
Would be cool to see him go to a team where he can actually win but he is loved in Charlotte and doesn't necessarily want to leave. Also with the timing of his next contract, it's probable that the Hornets would give him the best deal.

I think this is Kemba being "diplomatic"

He's no Brendan Shanahan.

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
As a Hornets fan (and someone that lives in Charlotte)- its time for this move for both parties. There is no doubt that Kemba really loves living here (in the process of building a custom home here) but for his basketball career and the Hornets trajectory, if they can attach one of the bad contracts of Batum and MKG to him and get a good first round pick + expiring deals/young players in return I think you have to do so.

Bleacher Report presented a deal that looked like this:

CLE gets: Kemba Walker, Nic Batum, Michael Carter-Williams

CHA gets: Channing Frye, Cedi Osman, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Brooklyn pick, 2018 second round pick

If Charlotte gets the Brooklyn pick and tanks the rest of the season theyre looking at 2 top 10 (possibly at least one top 5) pick in a loaded draft. Team could wind up all of a sudden with 2 of Trae Young/DeAndre Ayton/Michael Porter Jr/Miles Bridges/Colin Sexton.

If Charlotte can have a lineup that looks something like:

Trae Young
Malik Monk
Michael Porter Jr
Frank Kaminsky
Cody Zeller

They really need to consider pulling the trigger on a Kemba trade. Would expedite the rebuild substantially.

Reaction Score
La Laker?

Lakers have no shot at playoffs, they drafted their PG of the future and they want to go after LeBron and Paul George this off-season.

No way they would be interested

Reaction Score
As a Hornets fan (and someone that lives in Charlotte)- its time for this move for both parties. There is no doubt that Kemba really loves living here (in the process of building a custom home here) but for his basketball career and the Hornets trajectory, if they can attach one of the bad contracts of Batum and MKG to him and get a good first round pick + expiring deals/young players in return I think you have to do so.

CHA gets: Channing Frye, Cedi Osman, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Brooklyn pick, 2018 second round pick

If Charlotte gets the Brooklyn pick and tanks the rest of the season theyre looking at 2 top 10 (possibly at least one top 5) pick in a loaded draft. Team could wind up all of a sudden with 2 of Trae Young/DeAndre Ayton/Michael Porter Jr/Miles Bridges/Colin Sexton.

Trae Young
Malik Monk
Michael Porter Jr
Frank Kaminsky
Cody Zeller

They really need to consider pulling the trigger on a Kemba trade. Would expedite the rebuild substantially.

Read Cleveland won't trade the Brooklyn pick in any deal as protection if LeBron leaves

Reaction Score
We need to get the “Kemba to the Spurs” mojo going. He, Pop, and Rudy together would be sweet.

I'd have to agree with this. Parker on the decline with him and Kawahi (old NCAA tourney foes) on the same timeline together.

Makes perfect sense, coach Pop would fall in love with his effort

Reaction Score
Think Pacers would be an interesting place to go, if Pacers could keep Dipo and dish out whoever.

Reaction Score
Kemba, Russ, George, Anthony, Adams

Get him to the Thunder where there can be all kinds of fun lineups and takes a little bit of load off Westbrook. I don't think Thunder have much to trade though.

Reaction Score
Charlotte is looking to dump salary.
I'd like to see him a Knick too.

Maybe straigjt up for Frank N. Kemba and Porzingas would be fun and Kemba still young.

Bring him home.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Trae Young
Malik Monk
Michael Porter Jr
Frank Kaminsky
Cody Zeller

I was gonna say, the title of this thread could be "Who is willing to take Nic Batum?"

Reaction Score
Was expecting this to be a "Fire Ollie...hire Kemba" thread. Would love to see Kemba in a big market, If i was the sixers, I would give up anyone but Embiid and Simmons....that would be a fun trio to watch

Reaction Score
Never, ever trade a guy like Kemba, a proven leader and champion with All-Star talent, for some draft picks where you take a flyer on one of Calipari's or K's unfinished products.

Reaction Score
Kemba has outgrown Charlotte, and deserves a bigger market. Problem is the bigger market teams are stacked, especially the Playoff teams. Knicks like Charlotte need more than Kemba.

Need a team with a missing PG piece to take them to the top. I'm not familiar with the NBA so I have no idea who that team would be. Kemba is hot right now, and Charlotte can not add anything of value to aid Kemba.

Here's a 2018 top 15 NBA PG list: LINKY

Looking at that list how about Philly? He and Simmons would be a sweet combo.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Knicks make too much sense to not happen. Hardaway and porzingis need more scoring help. They need to convince porzingis his future is still in New York.

Reaction Score
This has been circling news and blogs for a couple of weeks. This dude is going to get PAID!!!! Looks like a max 150 contract. That with his other 48 makes him a $200M man. I'm assuming he won't be so devastated when he inks that.

The same thing is happeing to Shabazz on a smaller scale. Shabazz is on the block as he is going to require a lot more money when his contract comes up. My guess is that Lamb gets a raise as well. This shows you just how good the players on those championship teams were...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom