OTish: Best place to park for Gampel | The Boneyard

OTish: Best place to park for Gampel

Reaction Score
Headed to Gampel tonight for the first time since Shabazz drained a last second 3 against Florida (best live sporting experience EVER). Curious where the best place to park is. I'm from Coventry and used to sneak in the back way to get into F-Lot from N. eagleville Rd but no idea if that's still doable, how much campus/parking has changed.

Curious what you BYers think. I don't mind sitting in a bit of traffic but would rather not be there ALL night, as I am headed back to New haven.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like to park outside in the pay lot in between Gampel and McMahon. Don’t go in the garage; stay to the left and park outside near the exit next to McMahon. Fast walk to your car after the game and take a right out the exit onto Hillside Drive, then Hillside Circle to Westwood to South Eagleville.

Reaction Score
You can't sneak in that back way anymore. Now I sneak in a different back way. When coming down 275 from Coventry, go past the road you USED to sneak in, and take the next left. Can't remember the name. You end up on the main road where Gampel is. Take a left up the hill and park either outside to the left (as 8893 mentioned) or in the garage to the right. I park in the garage. It's not bad at all. If you can get near the entrance, the wait to get out is very minimal. I have never waited more than 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
can you still park in back of McMahon (whatever its called now) and just say you are studying at the library?

Reaction Score
I'm not going to give away my top spot for fear of overcrowding, but if that is not available, I have some backups.

I'll usually park in the lot between South Dining Hall and the hotel, or S Lot or Lot 1 behind Rosebrooks Hall. Easy access to 275 and 195. If I need to head out the other side of campus, I'll just park in F Lot and shoot up Discovery Dr to 44.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I like the lot down from Farmer Brown’s near Teds. Walk through the woods and X Lot past the track and visitors center. Might a little rough with fresh snow.

Edit: I’m 90% sure you’re talking about this lot in your original post.

Reaction Score
I like the lot down from Farmer Brown’s near Teds. Walk through the woods and X Lot past the track and visitors center. Might a little rough with fresh snow.

Edit: I’m 90% sure you’re talking about this lot in your original post.

Yep, lower F-Lot. It's weird that there were two F-Lots but that was my go-to when I went to UConn/used to attend games.

Tonight was pretty quiet so no problem using Y lot behind McMahon

Reaction Score
I used to park in the lots above the old football field, my wife and I went to a buy game a few months ago and those lots are student lots now so she didn't want us to chance it. (I think it would have been fine)

Were they always student lots? I remember parking there for football games and walking down those wooden stairs with the rickety railings.

Parking in the garage suuuuuucked.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
You park in the top of south garage, with your car facing out so you can just drive straight out no reversing necessary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom