Other Women's College Basketball Forums | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other Women's College Basketball Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When a poster in another thread takes a firm stance that KLS missed too many layups, I realized that I have to pursue alternative ways to counteract my boredom.

Basically, posts are down because there is nothing going on. Unfortunately.

The only thing that got my attention was ESPN projecting Crystal going 16th to the Lynx in the WNBA draft. I continue to be confused about why she isn't thought of in the same high esteem that I do.
Height. It is really difficult to succeed in the pros at that size. Backup point guards aren’t usually drafted very high.

Reaction Score
Some of the Mid Majors have relatively good boards for point issues. When transfer related comments about Mack from Bucknell came up, went to their board and liked the volume and quality of information. With basketball their main sport, they appear to have a knowledgeable and vocal alumni.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
ESPN published an updated WNBA mock that now has Crystal going 6th to Minnesota (evidently Phee has been pushing hard to get CD there). Megan is now going 9th to Chicago. Who knows. I still think CD is first round talented, regardless of her size.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gonzaga has a decent forum thru their local paper, the Spokesman Review. Benny's House for Oregon St. is relatively active. You used to be able to lurk there but they changed it so you have to log in to view the forums, but it's still free.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought No commenting about other forums.

This is an excerpt from Nan's welcome to the yard (at the top of the thread) that mentions other boards. Nothing is said about "mentioning" other boards. :cool:

"Welcome to the Boneyard! Please read the following rules before posting. If you have any questions, please contact JS, Biff, or myself via the private message (PM) feature (click on our name, then Start a Conversation).

Don't drag garbage over from other boards. I'm talking about insults towards posters, teams, coaches, etc. If you want to bring some interesting news or post that's of general interest, no problem but leave incendiary posts where you find them. We don't need to start a flame war here because of something posted on another board."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought No commenting about other forums.
The rule:

Don't drag garbage over from other boards. I'm talking about insults towards posters, teams, coaches, etc. If you want to bring some interesting news or post that's of general interest, no problem but leave incendiary posts where you find them. We don't need to start a flame war here because of something posted on another board.

Reaction Score
I mostly enjoy how idiotic Coach Jumper's self view and his perception of all thing Lady Vol and how he can, would, should (but won't!) impact the program or any program is "near-sighted AD's" would only give him a chance....

Certainly Coach Jumper is interesting.... he wants to chase all the naysayers and pessimists away.... and pledges 100% support for the coaching staff.... but at the same time reminds all that he "can be there tomorrow" ...doesn't seem to be a ringing recommendation of the coaching situation down in Knoxville

Reaction Score
Wouldn't they have shut down the thread called "Other Women's College Basketball Forums" if it wasn't allowed.
Do you think I would have said if it wasnt said before!

Reaction Score
This is an excerpt from Nan's welcome to the yard (at the top of the thread) that mentions other boards. Nothing is said about "mentioning" other boards. Any questions, PM a moderator. :cool:

"Welcome to the Boneyard! Please read the following rules before posting. If you have any questions, please contact JS, Biff, or myself via the private message (PM) feature (click on our name, then Start a Conversation).

Don't drag garbage over from other boards. I'm talking about insults towards posters, teams, coaches, etc. If you want to bring some interesting news or post that's of general interest, no problem but leave incendiary posts where you find them. We don't need to start a flame war here because of something posted on another board."
Ty

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Certainly Coach Jumper is interesting.... he wants to chase all the naysayers and pessimists away.... and pledges 100% support for the coaching staff.... but at the same time reminds all that he "can be there tomorrow" ...doesn't seem to be a ringing recommendation of the coaching situation down in Knoxville

Despite his self proclaimed coaching skills I think that his coaching resume consists mostly of a couple of stints as an AAU assistant. I once asked him why, if he's such a great coach, he doesn't have a coaching job. He did not respond. :D

Reaction Score
Despite his self proclaimed coaching skills I think that his coaching resume consists mostly of a couple of stints as an AAU assistant. I once asked him why, if he's such a great coach, he doesn't have a coaching job. He did not respond. :D

Yes it seems like he is the mouth that roared..... you are totally correct... if he is so good someone would have picked up his option by now

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Rebkell is my go to for WNBA, but Boneyard has the only active general women's basketball forum I know of. ESPN used to have an active forum in the mid 00s that was kind of a mess but entertaining nonetheless.

Anyone know if The Summitt or Stanford's forum are still active? Used to regularly post on the Summitt back in the Parker days but once they switched to paid I didnt keep up as it was too much for my college student budget.

Also, do MSU or SC have forums?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Rebkell is my go to for WNBA, but Boneyard has the only active general women's basketball forum I know of. ESPN used to have an active forum in the mid 00s that was kind of a mess but entertaining nonetheless.

Anyone know if The Summitt or Stanford's forum are still active? Used to regularly post on the Summitt back in the Parker days but once they switched to paid I didnt keep up as it was too much for my college student budget.

They have VolNation. Tennessee Women's basketball.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

The Summitt is still active and still run by Cornelius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom