Other Wed. games (2/13) | The Boneyard

Other Wed. games (2/13)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
  • Texas Tech leading WV by 5 at end of 3Q. A loss here could move WV to the wrong side of the bubble
  • TCU-Iowa State locked in a close battle. TCU up by 1 in 3Q. A win here could get TCU in the tournament. A loss here could really hurt ISU's chances of hosting.
  • In a battle of Big 12 cellar dwellers, Oklahoma has a 2-point lead in 2Q over Kansas. (How did we almost lose to that team?)
  • Notre Dame is embarrassing Boston College, up 94-35 early in 4Q.
  • Also cruising is Baylor, up 28-11 in mid-2Q.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Buffalo is down to Bowling Green late in the 4th.

Plebe

Reaction Score
West Virginia goes on an 8-0 run over the last 2 minutes to survive in Lubbock, 75-72.

Reaction Score
Was impressed with both NC State and Syracuse. Not so impressed with Iowa State. Based upon only watching this 4th quarter, I don't think Iowa State could hang with either NC State or Syracuse.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Was impressed with both NC State and Syracuse. Not so impressed with Iowa State. Based upon only watching this 4th quarter, I don't think Iowa State could hang with either NC State or Syracuse.
They've looked bad in the last 5 minutes of this game. I've seen other games where they've played very well.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Buffalo is down to Bowling Green late in the 4th.
Buffalo loses to Bowling Green, which isn't even in the RPI top 200.
Probably a devastating blow to Buffalo's chances for an at-large.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Is there a thread for Tulane UCF as the Green wave lead 57-53 with 2:15 left

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Tulane choking down the closing minutes. 57-56

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
This is not a pretty game. 59-56 with 27.7 sec left and UCF ball.

UCF is gawd aweful on offense

Plebe

Reaction Score
Huge disaster for UCF.

They had the ball with the score tied in the last 10 seconds. Worst-case scenario *should* have been overtime. But no. Tulane gets a steal with about 3 seconds to play and Wright commits the dumbest foul of the season, sending Tulane to the line for the winning free throws. Tulane wins by 2.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just have to add that Tulane is infuriatingly inconsistent. They took down LSU and Central Michigan in the nonconference and had a genuine chance at an at-large bid if they could've done reasonably well in the AAC. They now have 3 wins over the RPI top 50, but it's all for naught because they also have 6 losses to teams outside the top 100.

As for UCF, well, this loss doesn't necessarily kill their chances at an at-large bid, but it slices the margin razor-thin. Their RPI is still high enough (in the teens) to keep them in the conversation. But unlike Tulane, they just don't have the quality wins to provide any kind of safety net. Best wins are over Villanova and Quinnipiac.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Oklahoma ends a long losing streak, topping Kansas for its second Big 12 win of the season.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
There is the phrase “you wanna play with fire, Scarecrow?” UCF has played way too many of these ugly low scoring games that have barely won and tonight it burned them. Coach Abe needs to find an assistant with an offensive mind.

Plebe

Reaction Score
There is the phrase “you wanna play with fire, Scarecrow?” UCF has played way too many of these ugly low scoring games that have barely won and tonight it burned them. Coach Abe needs to find an assistant with an offensive mind.
You think Nykesha Sales lacks an offensive mind? :rolleyes:

Having watched several of their games this year, I just think her players aren't good shooters. They run decent offense, but they just miss a lot. An offense can only do so much, at some point the players have to make a bucket.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
You think Nykesha Sales lacks an offensive mind? :rolleyes:

Having watched several of their games this year, I just think her players aren't good shooters. They run decent offense, but they just miss a lot. An offense can only do so much, at some point the players have to make a bucket.
Mmm, I am confused, what’s the objective of basketball? Oh yeah PUT THE BALL THROUGH THE HOOP! So yes, getting a few players to actually score would be a positive step for Coach Abe. Maybe follow Jose on a few of his trips to Europe...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very disappointing. I was hoping UCF would be coming into our game in good form. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom