Other teams worth watching? | The Boneyard

Other teams worth watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm getting in to holiday mode and next year's anticipation. Being narrow focused on our Huskies I have neglected the landscape.

Rankings aside which college teams are worth peeking at? I see Nova looking sharp so I'll keep a 3rd eye on them. I also peeked on UCLA and love that freshman guard. Just today I noticed Cincy in the top 25 with one loss.

Any other team(s) in beast mode or worth idly following?

Reaction Score
The four I've enjoyed watching are UCLA, Nova, Creighton, and Wisconsin.
I'll second this recommendation. All four teams really pass the hell out of the ball, and it's fun. Same with Kansas.

If I didn't have such antipathy for UK & UNC, they'd be on the list as well.

Reaction Score
This is sacrilege, but Florida-Dook first half was pretty entertaining last night. Florida has some athletes and was able to hang with Dook for awhile. For Dook, Kennard is very good and atypically didn't preen after shots and as a bonus in the first half the p-Rick Allen missed everything & did so badly. Tatum & Jefferson were both very skilled inside with post-moves and footwork and yet on other end mostly clueless on defense. So Dook should play high scoring games this year and on nights the 3's aren't dropping upsets very possible. Unfortunately Florida took bad shots and let Dook run out to 10-pt lead just b4 halftime & that was the ballgame.

I will now wash myself in lye.

Reaction Score
This is sacrilege, but Florida-Dook first half was pretty entertaining last night. Florida has some athletes and was able to hang with Dook for awhile. For Dook, Kennard is very good and atypically didn't preen after shots and as a bonus in the first half the p-Rick Allen missed everything & did so badly. Tatum & Jefferson were both very skilled inside with post-moves and footwork and yet on other end mostly clueless on defense. So Dook should play high scoring games this year and on nights the 3's aren't dropping upsets very possible. Unfortunately Florida took bad shots and let Dook run out to 10-pt lead just b4 halftime & that was the ballgame.

yeah duke has some skilled offensive players but they are shoddy on D, easily handled with an interior game. The only way Jefferson is a sold D guy is because he gets 12 fouls a game, he gets away with murder with the hands, body and pushing, but man can he rebound. I believe Kennard can be guarded but someone needs to figure out he's a lefty :eek: never seen so many defenders get to his left, amazing. They're good, but not a FF team in my books. And it's always entertaining to watch more for the stripes than the game itself.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I don't know what I enjoyed more last night, Kennard's game or Allen's dud. Kennard looks like a player and he's stolen Allen's thunder as the best wing/shooter. Allen threw up to air balls on jumpers, and had a layup not even touch the rim (Can you imagine? A guard not even being able to get the ball to touch the rim on a layup?!)

Reaction Score
I like UCLA a lot. Lonzo Ball is the best player I never heard of until Saturday's game vs. Kentucky. Long and creative point. Deep line-up with six guys averaging double-digits and top five scorers all shooting the three well. Good tenacity in that team too. IMO, one of the more well-rounded teams. Alford is a good guy too and his son can play.

Reaction Score
Nova for sure. Or Xavier. Anyone but a P5 conference team. Why? Because f%#k them, that's why.

Reaction Score
I don't know what I enjoyed more last night, Kennard's game or Allen's dud. Kennard looks like a player and he's stolen Allen's thunder as the best wing/shooter. Allen threw up to air balls on jumpers, and had a layup not even touch the rim (Can you imagine? A guard not even being able to get the ball to touch the rim on a layup?!)
I've seen Allen go off on 3's plenty. Wish to not say this but he's better than Rodney and I would take him on our team in a nanosecond. I hate Duke, always have but they have multiple shooters and their bigs can rebound. UCONN should have such talent.

Reaction Score
Allen for Duke has been playing hurt. Hurt his toe a couple weeks ago. Been nagging. Hasnt been practicing much either. Just really doing shooting drills.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Where has this world come to where Gonzaga is a top 10 team and we on the outside of the top 25 looking in? I hope soon that we are constantly top 15. This inconsistency is killing me inside.

Reaction Score
Allen for Duke has been playing hurt. Hurt his toe a couple weeks ago. Been nagging. Hasnt been practicing much either. Just really doing shooting drills.
Two guys on here praising Allen?! He's on the Naismith list, we get it that he's not game-less, but he is over-hyped and his behavior is standard Dook "I think I'm bigger than the game" and "Mom & Dad paid for lots of private coaching" and lastly "won't get a sniff in the NBA". Sorry to hear he hurt his toe though.

Reaction Score
UCLA has become appointment TV for me this year. Lonzo Ball oozes confidence and has made that team vastly better. They're deft passing is really a treat to watch and both their bigs, Leaf and Welsh, are knock down shooters from mid-range. With Lonzo running the point Hamilton and Alford are freed up to rain threes. I should have grabbed odds on them earlier this year to cut down the nets

Reaction Score
Two guys on here praising Allen?! He's on the Naismith list, we get it that he's not game-less, but he is over-hyped and his behavior is standard Dook "I think I'm bigger than the game" and "Mom & Dad paid for lots of private coaching" and lastly "won't get a sniff in the NBA". Sorry to hear he hurt his toe though.

Agree Dd. Just looking at the kid is nauseating and Kennard's getting there quickly. I know people will say it's because they're good, they are I respect their games, but they ooze the Duke "I'm bigger than the game, make the call everyone is fouling me" personality that is so hated outside of Durham.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Where has this world come to where Gonzaga is a top 10 team and we on the outside of the top 25 looking in? I hope soon that we are constantly top 15. This inconsistency is killing me inside.

Have you watched Gonzaga this season? They are the second team I follow along with UConn and they are the team I would add to the list of teams mentioned above. Watching them pass the ball smoothly, make high basketball IQ decisions, and actually have guys that can consistently knock down open jumpers is unbelievable compared to watching our team this season. Plus it's nice watching a team know how to start a game hot...Zags were up 25-4 to start last night against Washington. UConn is lucky to see 25 points in the half right now! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom