Other scheduling notices | The Boneyard

Other scheduling notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm so done with the FCS games. Why bother? And God only knows if UMass is going to field a football team in 2017.

Agreed about the Maine game, really dont understand/like this one. Would rather be a pay for play game for a big boy.

Disagree on UMass. Without turning this into a should we/shouldn't we thread the reason were hosting them is cause were playing at gillette in 2016 and get to show our boston reach. I would love to have a driveable and winnable road game every other year. As long as they're D1 they're a much better game than any fcs game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Ugh.

So in 2015/2016 - We get Army, Nova, Maine and UMass? I know there's a lot against us in terms of scheduling but man that's rough.

Reaction Score
Ugh.

So in 2015/2016 - We get Army, Nova, Maine and UMass? I know there's a lot against us in terms of scheduling but man that's rough.

That can't be.

That's 4 games + Missouri.

5 OOC games? No.

Reaction Score
That can't be.

5 OOC games? No.

He saying 15 and 16....He didn't mention we also have Mizzou, BYU and Virginia in those years as well. Gotta have some downers with the uppers.

Reaction Score
I'm so done with the FCS games. Why bother? And God only knows if UMass is going to field a football team in 2017.

Really? FCS games exist so that we can beat the living *t of them early in a season and feel good about ourselves. I can't wait till we get back to a place where we can beat UMass and Maine 63-0 and chalk up a W for the season.

Reaction Score
That can't be.

5 OOC games? No.

kkc1442 is right, CHB blended games from two seasons. Here's the breakdown of our future OOC games with today's news:

2015: September 5, Villanova; September 12, Army; September 19, at Missouri; October 2, at BYU.
2016: September 3, Maine; September 10, at UMass (Foxborough, Mass.); September 17, Virginia.
2017: September 2, UMass; September 9, Holy Cross; September 16, at Virginia; September 23, Missouri.
2018: September 8, at Boise State.
2019: September 7, Illinois; September 21, at Indiana.
2020: September 12, at Illinois; September 26, Indiana.

I'm sure Warde is working next on a P5 opponent for a home-and-home in 2016 & 2018. Perhaps Tenn realizes that they better get us on their schedule while they still can. ;)

Reaction Score
kkc1442 is right, CHB blended games from two seasons. Here's the breakdown of our future OOC games with today's news:

2015: September 5, Villanova; September 12, Army; September 19, at Missouri; October 2, at BYU.
2016: September 3, Maine; September 10, at UMass (Foxborough, Mass.); September 17, Virginia.
2017: September 2, UMass; September 9, Holy Cross; September 16, at Virginia; September 23, Missouri.
2018: September 8, at Boise State.
2019: September 7, Illinois; September 21, at Indiana.
2020: September 12, at Illinois; September 26, Indiana.

I'm sure Warde is working next on a P5 opponent for a home-and-home in 2016 & 2018. Perhaps Tenn realizes that they better get us on their schedule while they still can. ;)

In 2016 we have UVA.

2015 is going to be a boring-arsed home schedule, hate to say.

Reaction Score
In 2016 we have UVA.

Right, UVA in 2016 gives us one P5 and was trying to suggest that if he sticks to his current pattern, then he's now out scouting for a second P5 to add in 2016. If it's not Tenn, I'm confident he'll be successful in getting another quality opponent. Who knows, maybe the thaw up north will have advanced enough for them to finally realize what would be good for all of us. ;)

Reaction Score
We've got 2 really tough road games weeks 3 and 4 next year. Getting 2 winnable games at home might not be the worst scenario unless you could have started the Mizzou series here. We should be ecstatic to have the series with a power SEC team and a nice travel destination.

Reaction Score
Maine? blech, I can think of many other FCS teams, even Western Kentucky would have been a decent grab.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I like the schedule. For now, we need an FCS school on the schedule to help us occasionally get to 7 games. The mold is:
1 local FCS home game
1 game vs local non-P5 (with "away" games in NYC and Boston)
2 P5 or elite G5

If the team looks strong, dump an FCS opponent for an extra P5 school if possible.

Reaction Score
Really? FCS games exist so that we can beat the living *t of them early in a season and feel good about ourselves. I can't wait till we get back to a place where we can beat UMass and Maine 63-0 and chalk up a W for the season.
Exactly I will be done with fcs teams when we can beat them lights out

Reaction Score
every news bite sings/smells yankee conf

it appears all bone guys are too young to even know the teams of said conf

maine blackbears magically appearing on UCONN slate does not portend big boy foosball

holy cross was yank conf member for one yr only and they have surfaced

umass minutemen have surfaced big time

if Vermont catamounts reinstate their foosball program UCONN is doomed to baby boy foosball

how soon will boston u terriers, unh wildcats and rhody rams resurface

i gots a greats idea: home and home with above 3 and hopefully Vermont too too

Reaction Score
Maine? blech, I can think of many other FCS teams, even Western Kentucky would have been a decent grab.

FYI Western Kentucky is an FBS team. They are currently in Conference USA, prior to that they were in the Sun Belt.

Reaction Score
If we're going to play a 1-AA school, it should be a weak one. Guarantee win. Isn't that the reason to play one?

Reaction Score
In 2016 we have UVA.

John, I understand your point but don't quite agree. Though it is not BYU, Missouri, Michigan and Boise State, Villanova and Army will prove interesting and competitive.
Villanova is a perennial top 10 FCS school that wanted in the Big east football back in the day. We will have our hands full to get through them given the rebuilding we are going thru...
Army is going through a rebuilding this year. They are tired of playing second fiddle to NAVY and Airforce and they are expected to be back fielding a "competitive" team within 3 to 4 years. ...plus..always great to host a service academy. In there first year of rebuild, they are averaging over 400 yds per game.
IMO, the games will be great, not quite the hoopla of the P5 at home, but nonetheless, quite entertaining.
Unless we keep rebuilding and recruiting and improving....we could lose all 4 games....

Plus, if you're that intrigued, great travel games to Columbia MO and Provo, UT.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The upside of bringing Maine in for 2016 is that we can try to schedule another Missouri type opponent where we would need to travel for the first game of the series.

The major downside of FCS games is that it will kill our strength of schedule on a run to the four team playoff. 2016 may be a bit premature for us to worry about that however.

Reaction Score

maine blackbears magically appearing on UCONN slate does not portend big boy foosball

if Vermont catamounts reinstate their foosball program UCONN is doomed to baby boy foosball

What strain of Marijuana? Acapulco Gold? Maui Wawi?, California Dream?, Purple Power? Must be pretty good stuff and you must be pretty high! Party on Dude!

Maybe UCONN just wants to play a few local games that fans can travel to? How about UCONN wants to get into the tournament?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Good god....put....the....crackpipe.....down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members