other Pac 12 games 2/4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

other Pac 12 games 2/4

Reaction Score
I would love to see Oregon St. take more effort in getting the ball to who ever has the hot hand during games. I have not seen too much emphasis on that this season. They switched Williams of Kat to Mc Williams in the second half, and that was partially responsible for her decline in scoring. Yet you still need to have plays to free up your hot shooters. I would also like to see them use more picks and screens to free up their shooters. Stanford used picks and screens to get their parameter players a lot of looks. I don't know why Oregon St doesn't do more of that. Possibly because Weise used to create her own shots off the dribble. I actually think that Weiss's ball dominance is still negatively affecting the team this season. When you have the number of quality shooters that Oregon State has this season you need to have constant ball movement to take advantage of them.
OSU's ball movement is considerably better around the perimeter than last year, mostly because Syd Weise had the ball in her hands most of the shot clock. OSU has more quality perimeter shooters this year, but do need to either work hard to run Kat Tudor off more & better screens, or, have someone else pick up the scoring when defenses focus on stopping Kat Tudor. Katie McWilliams did a nice job of that this weekend, which is HUGE. She is a very capable shooter. Taylor Kalmer can also shoot, and can break down a defense one on one. Pivec was a better outside shooter last year, but has now found that mid range jump shot which is the shot she can have at any time. Taya Coresdale is streaky outside shooter (hot or cold), and Aleah Goodman is pretty solid 3 point shooter most of the time, but she and Coresdale are freshman. I like what I am seeing as they progress through the year. While we shouldn't look past this weekend with Washington schools, I am really excited about the following weekend home games vs UCLA & USC, which I will attend both games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom