OT: - Other NFL Action | The Boneyard

OT: Other NFL Action

Reaction Score
the 49ers were the victims of 2 bad calls late in the game. On top of that they switched off the end of the 49ers game since they had to switch to the beginning of the Jets or Bucs Games of the Week. The penalty was on the DB leaving his feet to deliver a blow to the Brown's receiver's shoulder. He did not target the head nor neck and that was on fourth down. I have no skin in the game just a football fan but that was a a bad call. And San Francisco was without McCaffrey and Samuels who were both injured in the game. And they still had a chance but missed the FG.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
the 49ers were the victims of 2 bad calls late in the game. On top of that they switched off the end of the 49ers game since they had to switch to the beginning of the Jets or Bucs Games of the Week. The penalty was on the DB leaving his feet to deliver a blow to the Brown's receiver's shoulder. He did not target the head nor neck and that was on fourth down. I have no skin in the game just a football fan but that was a a bad call. And San Francisco was without McCaffrey and Samuels who were both injured in the game. And they still had a chance but missed the FG.

Where were you watching? The '9ers game was on until the end for me.

On paper, that should not have been a game and the 49ers really have no one to blame but themselves. I don't think Moody had missed, going into the game.

Reaction Score
Where were you watching? The '9ers game was on until the end for me.

On paper, that should not have been a game and the 49ers really have no one to blame but themselves. I don't think Moody had missed, going into the game.
I'm in central Florida. With about 2 minutes to go they said due to game of the week rules they had to switch the game. First it went to commercial break with beginning of Jets game and then switched to Bucs/Lions game which makes sense since I am 130 miles away from Tampa. I would have preferred to see end of '9ers game.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm in central Florida. With about 2 minutes to go they said due to game of the week rules they had to switch the game. First it went to commercial break with beginning of Jets game and then switched to Bucs/Lions game which makes sense since I am 130 miles away from Tampa. I would have preferred to see end of '9ers game.
Interesting. Was the 49ers game on the entire time during the early window? I thought "Heidi" rules prevented networks from cutting away before the end of the game.

I was listening to the Commanders/Falcons game while doing yard work in Eastern CT, but caught the end of the 49ers, which was the local early game when I went inside. Eagles/Jets were on in the late window.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Was the 49ers game on the entire time during the early window? I thought "Heidi" rules prevented networks from cutting away before the end of the game.

I was listening to the Commanders/Falcons game while doing yard work in Eastern CT, but caught the end of the 49ers, which was the local early game when I went inside. Eagles/Jets were on in the late window.
Yes, 49ers game was on the entire time until the last 2 minutes. I was ticked off thinking I would see an exciting finish but I missed it.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yes, 49ers game was on the entire time until the last 2 minutes. I was ticked off thinking I would see an exciting finish but I missed it.
Weird that it wasn't the same in all markets, but the Jets get the short end of the stick in New England. The Patriots seem to be the local AFC team north of Fairfield. The Giants are the local NFC team. I guess the Jets do not get preferential treatment on FOX.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Weird that it wasn't the same in all markets, but the Jets get the short end of the stick in New England. The Patriots seem to be the local AFC team north of Fairfield. The Giants are the local NFC team. I guess the Jets do not get preferential treatment on FOX.
It's contractual by region. If the designated local team is playing they have to switch. That's what the local TV affiliates want anyway. Pats are the local team in most of CT. If you get NY CBS/Fox you'd get Jets. If you get Hartford CBS/Fox you get Pats as I understand it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom