Other Games Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Other Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wazzu is traditionally one of the worst P5 schools right? Just checking

Reaction Score
The AAC goes 5-4 out of conference this week. Won the games they should have won. Won a couple that were iffy(Houston over L'Ville, Tulsa over Nevada 40-21). UCF laid another egg. Temple continues to impress. ECU almost shocked Florida at the swamp. USF played a good first half against the Seminoles. The league is getting better, still needs to turn the next corner by beating some of the upper echelon P-5 teams. Maybe next season.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The AAC goes 5-4 out of conference this week. Won the games they should have won. Won a couple that were iffy(Houston over L'Ville, Tulsa over Nevada 40-21). UCF laid another egg. Temple continues to impress. ECU almost shocked Florida at the swamp. USF played a good first half against the Seminoles. The league is getting better, still needs to turn the next corner by beating some of the upper echelon P-5 teams. Maybe next season.
Maybe next week.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The AAC had a decent weekend, with only nly the MAC having a better weekend among the G5. The MWC had a bunch of potential statement games coming into the weekend, and got shutout in the OOC. The AAC is light years ahead of last year, with several quality OOC wins and only 1 loss to another G5 school.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
The AAC had a decent weekend, with only nly the MAC having a better weekend among the G5. The MWC had a bunch of potential statement games coming into the weekend, and got shutout in the OOC. The AAC is light years ahead of last year, with several quality OOC wins and only 1 loss to another G5 school.
It'll be interesting to see who notices besides us...

Reaction Score
Geez, Tennessee can blow "statement" games with the best of 'em.
You could tell that the Vols were going to lose in the 4th quarter when the cameras panned in on their q-back. He had that "deer in the headlights" look as he was checking the sidelines for the play call. I actually thought that he was "punch drunk". He rallied in the first overtime, then the roof fell in.

Reaction Score
Whoa! BYU beats Boise! Didn't see that coming but good news for our SOS anyway. Have to watch the tape today. Looks like their season is far from over after the Hill injury.

Road games against UCLA and MICH before they get us at home. BYU fan for sure right now.

Reaction Score

I think Houston was a double digit underdog on the road. A good win. Would have been nice to get an ECU miracle but they played hard on the road.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This league is tough. It's going to be tough to win, that's for sure. Just ask Cincy.

The major issue is and has always been the tv money / access to the big money games. Sure, I'll miss games against Rutgers and Syracuse. But Rutgers and Syracuse are not better football teams than Temple and ECU. Louisville is not better than Houston (clearly!). Pitt is not better than Navy. But they get 20 million a year for tv while we get 2 million. They have access to more bowls while a 6-6 Temple team stays home.

Who knows? Maybe the money will change soon and there might be more equity for every league. With the way that all the changes to television are going, you can never say "never"...

Reaction Score
So the 0-2 team that lost at home is #30, but the 2-0 team that beat them on the road is #64??? Yet another reason why I hate the NCAA...

Because they assume we suck our SOS is assumed to suck before the first game is played, and even after you win. I don't believe this actual ranking is used but the formula carries over to ones that are.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So the 0-2 team that lost at home is #30, but the 2-0 team that beat them on the road is #64??? Yet another reason why I hate the NCAA...

You hate the NCAA because of a private computer ranking either being misprogrammed or not having enough data to give a better answer?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You hate the NCAA because of a private computer ranking either being misprogrammed or not having enough data to give a better answer?

No. I simply hate the NCAA. Anything that is wrong pertaining to the NCAA, whether or not it is controlled by them or influenced by them, I blame them. Everything about them is corrupt. And by the way, the answer is not "not having enough data". If every team started at "0", then there would be no computational way to have Louisville above Houston, since they've played head-to-head and since Houston has no loss while Louisville has no win. But when in doubt, default to the "anything wrong with the NCAA is the NCAA's fault".

I still blame global warming on Mark Emmert...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom