OT- Zion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Zion

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Better athlete than Lebron but Lebron is obviously far more skilled, though some people still seem to sell Zion's skill level short.

I edited my post to add the mental aspect. I've no idea Zion's focus, work ethic, ability to perform over and over in big situations, desire, commitment, etc etc.

But it's fair to say LeBron rates as one of the best ever in all those categories.

Those things really drive greatness at the highest levels, when guys have a full tool chest of athletic ability and skills.

Reaction Score
Better athlete than Lebron but Lebron is obviously far more skilled, though some people still seem to sell Zion's skill level short.
Athleticism isn’t just jumping out of the gym. Speed, versatility, strength, etc are all factors. It’s hard to argue anyone is more athletic than LeBron.

Reaction Score
Hard for anyone to say he’s a better athlete than LeBron James, love the ambition, but the KING is probably the greatest athlete we’ve ever seen, def top 5.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
44gwp668iw821.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hard for anyone to say he’s a better athlete than LeBron James, love the ambition, but the KING is probably the greatest athlete we’ve ever seen, def top 5.

Saying who is "better" is silly, since different sports and positions require different things. Zion is an amazing athlete. Can you imagine him playing tight end at that size, and with that vertical. How do you defend that?

Reaction Score
Exciting athlete to watch with potential off the charts. No sense making comparisons at this point. As much as I admire the skills of these Dukeites I get nauseous at the ease which they seem to add them to their roster. No churning stomachs for them.

Reaction Score
Athleticism isn’t just jumping out of the gym. Speed, versatility, strength, etc are all factors. It’s hard to argue anyone is more athletic than LeBron.
lol. He's significantly stronger and more explosive than Lebron. He would be the second heaviest player in the NBA, guys who are as big as NFL d-lineman aren't supposed to move this fast, dunk from the ft line and get their whole head and neck over the rim.

It's so freakish I fear he may suffer the same fate as Bo, humans aren't really supposed to be that big, strong and explosive

Reaction Score
lol. He's significantly stronger and more explosive than Lebron. He would be the second heaviest player in the NBA, guys who are as big as NFL d-lineman aren't supposed to move this fast, dunk from the ft line and get their whole head and neck over the rim.

It's so freakish I fear he may suffer the same fate as Bo, humans aren't really supposed to be that big, strong and explosive

He's 285 as an 18 year old. I'm curious if he can carry that much weight as he gets older without (a) breaking down or (b) turning into Oliver Miller.

Reaction Score

I agree he may appear stronger, but he is playing against athletes that are a fraction as impressive as those in the NBA. And weight doesn’t necessarily correlate directly to strength. LeBron is about 260 and cut, and giant NBA players bounce off of him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's 285 as an 18 year old. I'm curious if he can carry that much weight as he gets older without (a) breaking down or (b) turning into Oliver Miller.

Read an article quoting anonymous NBA scouts and that was their concern. That much weight over a much longer season than he’s ever played before. Recipe for bad knees, stress fractures etc. LeBron hit 280 with the Heat but has cut back down.

Reaction Score
Last year in AAU ball, Williamson injured himself by getting clotheslined by the backboard on a blocked shot. Missed a few games, then did the exact same backboard head bonk in his first game back. He’s so much fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I agree he may appear stronger, but he is playing against athletes that are a fraction as impressive as those in the NBA. And weight doesn’t necessarily correlate directly to strength. LeBron is about 260 and cut, and giant NBA players bounce off of him.
I'm confident this kid is a lot stronger than Lebron was at 18. You get stronger with age, can't even imagine this guy at 34 with serious weight training.

There is also a rumor out there he's run a 4:55 mile. Now I find that hard to believe but nothing makes sense with him.

Reaction Score
I don't think he'll turn into a fatty but my guess is his body will break down. It reminds me of the doctor talking about Bo Jackson and saying his injury happened because he was built like a racehorse or something like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom