OT--Youth scores 92 points 42 in 4th quarter. | The Boneyard

OT--Youth scores 92 points 42 in 4th quarter.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is absurd that he plays the 4th quarter. Besides lack of general sportsmanship, it is not out of the question that the opposing team would foul him in retaliation with the potential for serious injury. :(:mad:

Reaction Score
Did you see the highlights on sports center.... the guy was hanging in the offensive zone an awful lot.... waiting for the breakaway pass.... there is nothing noble about this style of play....

Yes the story about his friend in the hospital is moving... but the team the coach and the player himself went about it all wrong NOT IMPRESSED

Reaction Score
Eh, I don't really get worked up over stuff like this. And 23 points is not that big of a margin either. It's not like Baylor playing Winthrop ;)

But the opposing coach was unimpressed. A bit more info here, for those interested:
With his high-scoring brother out hurt, Chino Hills sophomore LaMelo Ball shoots for 92 points
many opposing coaches, while held back by the NCAA, are not that thrilled to be blown out by 40 or 50 --you've be an idiot coach to say--isn't it wonderful how many points katie lou got--she could have made 99 , maybe next time!!
It wasn't the 92 point total it was the 41 in one 10 minute period--
it was obviously a defensive match.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Eh, I don't really get worked up over stuff like this. And 23 points is not that big of a margin either. It's not like Baylor playing Winthrop ;)

But the opposing coach was unimpressed. A bit more info here, for those interested:
With his high-scoring brother out hurt, Chino Hills sophomore LaMelo Ball shoots for 92 points

Oh. Did not see the final score 147-123. I thought it was a Winthrop situation. I guess my distaste moves from the player to the coaches who allow such a game to occur in general.

Reaction Score
Did you see the highlights on sports center... the guy was hanging in the offensive zone an awful lot... waiting for the breakaway pass... there is nothing noble about this style of play...

Yes the story about his friend in the hospital is moving.. but the team the coach and the player himself went about it all wrong NOT IMPRESSED

He didn't pass half court a lot in the fourth quarter. As you said "He was hanging".
Also, his team allowed the other team to shoot so they could get the ball back faster. He is an impressive player but his performance (the fourth quarter especially) was too "engineered" to be congratulated for.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
His brother is on UCLA. All are very good players. I dont follow the guys HS game but its hard to not know the Ball family out here.

Reaction Score
Basket hanging 101 - the other team should have been made part of the wall. An absolute joke, disgrace. His family, his coach they should all be completely embarrassed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom