OT: Your hot takes from the past | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Your hot takes from the past

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What? Noooooooo. I hoped to never be boring. lol.
While you were ignoring your brand building, others were racing faster to the bottom. You had your chance. Now you're just occasionally cheeky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah dude, but you missed the perfect opportunity to humbly add, in the spirit of this thread, an equally horrid take at the end of your very same post . . . "Kevin Ollie and past national championships are the only things keeping UConn basketball afloat nationally."
Turns out KO was more like an oversized anchor on a short chain than something keeping us afloat. Lol.

Just goes to show - we're all throwing crap at the wall all the time, and much does not stick.
Looking for something else but stumbled onto this quality rant from you. I guess the hot take is "UConn should consider getting out of big time sports all together, and focus on education."

Reaction Score
Haha I remember that thread well

I wanted to like Diaco so bad. But he just is not built to be a head coach.
I'm afraid to read through that thread, but genuinely apologize to anyone who i may have criticized for not buying in on Diaco.

Reaction Score
Here's a mixed bag of hot takes, some good (Bennett) some bad (Otto Porter), Marcus Smart I guess inconsistently consistent.
From 2013 NCAA's
upload_2018-7-19_13-51-32.png

Reaction Score
I've got some really bad ones.

1) I thought Scottie Haralson would be the next Rashad Anderson
2) I thought Ater Majok would be the next Kevin Garnett
3) In 2010, I thought the idea of Butler being ranked ahead of UConn was laughable. They went to title game and we lost to VTech in NIT. I think it was v tech...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've got some really bad ones.

1) I thought Scottie Haralson would be the next Rashad Anderson
2) I thought Ater Majok would be the next Kevin Garnett
3) In 2010, I thought the idea of Butler being ranked ahead of UConn was laughable. They went to title game and we lost to VTech in NIT. I think it was v tech...

I thought Majok was going to be a great 3-4 year player for us. In fairness, that was entirely possible; he probably would have become really good in college. It's just none of us took into account his family/cultural situation.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
One that I'm guessing the majority on the Yard bought: UCONN was DOA after that 30 point drubbing from Louisville in 2014.

Reaction Score
One that I'm guessing the majority on the Yard bought: UCONN was DOA after that 30 point drubbing from Louisville in 2014.
To be fair if we had to play them in the tournament, we probably would've been DOA

That team had us pegged

intlzncster

Reaction Score
To be fair if we had to play them in the tournament, we probably would've been DOA

That team had us pegged

Without a doubt. People always talk about the good fortune of Brimah's and-1, but I've long maintained that the luckiest we got in 2014 was Louisville landing on the other side of the bracket.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Without a doubt. People always talk about the good fortune of Brimah's and-1, but I've long maintained that the luckiest we got in 2014 was Louisville landing on the other side of the bracket.

And being in Kentucky’s region. Who had already beaten them.

I know I’ve posted it before. But the wildness of Peer matchups in that title game (with Florida and Louisville beating Kentucky/Uconn 3 times each) is just staggering.

Also that Florida team will probably never get the respect it deserves.

30 game winning streak heading into FF.

Undefeated sec champs and tourney champs.

3 losses all year. All to final four teams.

Two road games in December to Uconn and whisky. then Uconn in the FF.

That was a truly great team that just ran into a team that (for whatever reason) had its number.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm working on it. Trying from 2011...so far I've been spot on up to 2013. :) I'm sure there is a clunker in there somewhere.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And boom, there it is. Surprising since I was so negative on Ollie even in the beginning. I'm an optimist I guess.

Reaction Score
Random post from August 2012 when we were thinking about JC's successor and it was rumored KO would take over at some point:

"If this is really where we're leaning, it's time to can Blaney, promote Ollie to associate head coach, and hire a new assistant who Ollie will want to work with. Give Ollie 2 years in an elevated coaching capacity to learn the ropes, and hand him the reins after JC retires when his contract expires in 2014."

I didn't buy KO as ready to take over right away. Maybe there was something to that.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Jump into your old posts and find a hot take you had that was either very right or very wrong. Looking at your past "likes" list from a long time ago is a good jumping off point. I'll start...

Honestly, looking at my past likes from a long time ago only makes me realize how much more densely populated this board, compared to now, was when I first started posting. :(

I recognize some twitter handles, but there seemed to be more opinion thrown around yesteryear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom