OT: Your hot takes from the past | The Boneyard

OT: Your hot takes from the past

Reaction Score
Jump into your old posts and find a hot take you had that was either very right or very wrong. Looking at your past "likes" list from a long time ago is a good jumping off point. I'll start. Please enjoy my red hot Brad Stevens take from 2012:

Screenshot_20180718-184944_Chrome_zpsbcgoffcb.jpg

Reaction Score
Jump into your old posts and find a hot take you had that was either very right or very wrong. Looking at your past "likes" list from a long time ago is a good jumping off point. I'll start. Please enjoy my red hot Brad Stevens take from 2012:

Oof. That was a bad hot take even then.

Mine:
The trade itself is fine value-wise, but could they have gotten Love for less? Minny had no leverage. If Kevin Love says I'm only signing with the Cavs now or next year, Cavs just wait a year and get him for free in FA, and they get to keep all those assets. And if Love didn't work out, they'd have gotten someone else. Wiggins on a rookie scale is going to be one of the best assets in the whole NBA in a few years.

Maybe not a super hot take, but a forecast which certainly didn't pan out. Maybe it does turn out differently for Wiggins if he plays with LeBron though.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Maybe that Call Me Maybe joke landed in 2012...

Reaction Score
Pre internet. I did not think Larry Bird was going to be a great pro. I thought he would like like NBA life. Sigh........

Reaction Score
My worst hot take was easily when Kemba had a bad game mid year 2011 during that lull we had, and I emphatically blared to the board, "we're expecting Kemba to be THAT GUY, and he's just not. He's not capable of carrying this team." Ho boy, that was awful. In fairness to me, Lamb had not come out of his cocoon yet, so Kemba was not quite ready to be THAT GUY.

My best hot take was yelling all year to let D.Daniels shoot the 3 whenever he had it. A lot of folks on this board thought he wasn't a good 3 shooter - I thought he was knocking on the door to being a great one.

2nd best hot take was yelling all year to have Giffey play over Omar. KO gave Omar way too much run for a long stretch after it became clear that he wasn't going to regain early-career form. Giffey was the final piece to that puzzle, and he was a huge piece.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My worst hot take was easily when Kemba had a bad game mid year 2011 during that lull we had, and I emphatically blared to the board, "we're expecting Kemba to be THAT GUY, and he's just not. He's not capable of carrying this team." Ho boy, that was awful. In fairness to me, Lamb had not come out of his cocoon yet, so Kemba was not quite ready to be THAT GUY.

My best hot take was yelling all year to let D.Daniels shoot the 3 whenever he had it. A lot of folks on this board thought he wasn't a good 3 shooter - I thought he was knocking on the door to being a great one.

2nd best hot take was yelling all year to have Giffey play over Omar. KO gave Omar way too much run for a long stretch after it became clear that he wasn't going to regain early-career form. Giffey was the final piece to that puzzle, and he was a huge piece.
Wait, says you joined 2017...

Reaction Score
One of my first threads posted on here saying Bob Diaco seems insane and is leading UConn football into obscurity. And y'all destroyed me for it.
Yeah dude, but you missed the perfect opportunity to humbly add, in the spirit of this thread, an equally horrid take at the end of your very same post . . . "Kevin Ollie and past national championships are the only things keeping UConn basketball afloat nationally."
Turns out KO was more like an oversized anchor on a short chain than something keeping us afloat. Lol.

Just goes to show - we're all throwing crap at the wall all the time, and much does not stick.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Had my tag line changed to "400 Level Poster" based on FHCBD's insanity.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah dude, but you missed the perfect opportunity to humbly add, in the spirit of this thread, an equally horrid take at the end of your very same post . . . "Kevin Ollie and past national championships are the only things keeping UConn basketball afloat nationally."
Turns out KO was more like an oversized anchor on a short chain than something keeping us afloat. Lol.

Just goes to show - we're all throwing crap at the wall all the time, and much does not stick.

And you thought he would be here for 20 years...

Kind of, but really not OT: Bob Diaco

Reaction Score
One of my first threads posted on here saying Bob Diaco seems insane and is leading UConn football into obscurity. And y'all destroyed me for it. From that day on I learned to wear a cup before entering the-boneyard dot com.

Kind of, but really not OT: Bob Diaco
Haha I remember that thread well

I wanted to like Diaco so bad. But he just is not built to be a head coach.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"Who is Frank Ivy?" Lol. Been here before we were here, sonny!
Have you ever posted your full handle & timeline resume?
Seems like it would make for an ideal off-season subject.
I can't be the only one here who wonders about this.
MadDodRevival is an almost mainstream iteration.
And your prior was kind of a nice turnaround.
What makes you keep shedding your skin?
Strange way to build a brand, eh?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Kevin Ollie circa 2015 was one of the most well respected coaches among the entire professional American basketball circle.

Things have changed a bit. Or rather, been exposed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom