OT: you gotta watch this about Lindsay Vonn | The Boneyard

OT: you gotta watch this about Lindsay Vonn

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I joke with my dermatologist that I am his annuity, the gift that keeps on giving, retirement plan, etc.

In her case, it is her orthopedic surgeon.

Re knee replacement(s) the issue will not be whether but when, and how long she can hold out.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Watching the Olympics last night, as NBC chronicled Vonn’s numerous injuries, I was stunned that she could even walk, let alone compete at the very highest levels. There’s something both courageous and a little bit nuts in Vonn persevering through that much damage to her body.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There are aspects of Lindsey Vonn's off slope life I'm not keen on, BUT I have huge admiration for her talent, dedication, and courage. The herky jerky scheduling and slope conditions upset a lot of expectations. A strong performance on circuit this year gave hope. I was wishing her the gold. Her post race interview was heart felt and classy.

Reaction Score
Very courageous! But I wonder what her later life will be like.
A ,'Yes' & a 'NO'. Anytime you have surgery there is a price to pay for intervention. Perhaps, now or later. Your body will let you know the price of those medals, Your health is your wealth !

Reaction Score
A ,'Yes' & a 'NO'. Anytime you have surgery there is a price to pay for intervention. Perhaps, now or later. Your body will let you know the price of those medals, Your health is your wealth !
\

Sounds like you are there, as in: been there done that! Your admonition of surgical intervention is accurate. Mechanical apparatus inserted is yet to be perfected to replicate the human parts replaced. Your health as you age is worth much more than your wealth--and sometimes it costs your wealth

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I suspect that 40 years from now, even if her body is hobbled with arthritis, Lindsay Vonn would tell you she’d do it all over again.

Reaction Score
There are aspects of Lindsey Vonn's off slope life I'm not keen on, BUT I have huge admiration for her talent, dedication, and courage. The herky jerky scheduling and slope conditions upset a lot of expectations. A strong performance on circuit this year gave hope. I was wishing her the gold. Her post race interview was heart felt and classy.
Who she dates is none of our business IMO.

Reaction Score
Are there UConn WBB athletes, former and current, who could report a string of serious orthopedic "events"? Sure are. Lindsey is one tough woman, and there are so very many others. How casually she recounts those injuries!

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
In Lindsey Vonn’s Quest for Greatness, Her Body Has Paid a Price

hit the arrow on the bottom right 3 or 4 times until the animation starts

the price some will pay for greatness
Jim Otto, longtime center for the Oakland Raiders, who nonetheless played in 210 straight games (back when they played 14 a year) had 74 surgeries, multiple joint replacements, could barely walk after retirement, and at 69 (he's now 80) had his right leg amputated. He still claims that he would not have changed anything, as a Miami Hurricane or Raider.............................................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom