OT: Yikes, Kyrie Irving (link) | The Boneyard

OT: Yikes, Kyrie Irving (link)

Reaction Score
Sorry not to give the minutes. Try around 17 minutes to 20 minutes.

And the interviewers are idiots too. Just as bad. "You're not ever going to find out."

If the earth is round. If the planets are aligned around the sun.

Mind boggling.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving: ‘The Earth is flat’

Seems not to believe in, um, information.
Reason 1A why no one should whorship an athlete/celebrity. They're just as stupid as the rest of humanity, no better, just more popular.
Role models should be parents, family, mentors; not self absorbed millionaires

Reaction Score
Don't believe everything the media tells you. A theory is a theory, not a fact.

Joking guys.
Remember that time Yale almost overcame a 27 point deficit? Yale vs. Duke - Play-By-Play - March 19, 2016 - ESPN

Darn.

Not sure why that was the first thing that came to mind here.

Stratford High's own Brandon Sherrod lit up Duke for 22 that game. He used to play hoops a lot at the gym I play at before signing overseas. Legitimately one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Reaction Score
Tom Friedman said the same thing, and he makes millions and writes in the New York Times.

Friedman was talking about globalization and not the flat earth theory. That said, I don't mind seeing this meme propagated. All bad publicity is good when its at a hacks expense.

Reaction Score
The one thing you can count on with threads like this are the replies from posters being just as stupid as the comments from the subject.

For some reason I like Kyrie much more after reading this.

Reaction Score
Friedman was talking about globalization and not the flat earth theory. That said, I don't mind seeing this meme propagated. All bad publicity is good when its at a hacks expense.

This is an amusing comment. I was required to read Hot, Flat, and Crowded for introduction to engineering seminar at UConn.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Hopefully this was a weird attempt at comedy.
Wouldn't surprise me. I am forgetting the name right now but I am almost 100% sure a different well known NBA player recently made the exact same comments on instagram about how the science behind the earth being round isn't sound and that he is still skeptical. I can totally see Kyrie parodying that, this guy is well educated and is known for being a joker.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm leaning towards this being a joke and an attempt at practicing his comedy chops as I saw his uncle drew character is getting a full length movie.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't surprise me. I am forgetting the name right now but I am almost 100% sure a different well known NBA player recently made the exact same comments on instagram about how the science behind the earth being round isn't sound and that he is still skeptical. I can totally see Kyrie parodying that, this guy is well educated and is known for being a joker.

Kyrie wasn't joking, unless he is going for the long con. He was asked the same thing during his press conference and he doubled down. He isn't alone. Back in the day, I liked early B.O.B. and now he is a prominent flat earth guy.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
His command (or lack thereof) of the English language is embarrassing. He has trouble explaining what he believes and why, because he can't seem to complete a coherent sentence.

Reaction Score
Can we move this to the cesspool so I can watch a bunch of people defend him and agree with him? Please?

Reaction Score
I tend to think he was joking, if you look at his face he has a huge smile and looks like he's fighting back laughter the whole time he's saying it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom