OT - Yard Goats stadium best in Double A? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Yard Goats stadium best in Double A?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Aren't they 20 ounces? It's not that terrible when you realize you're paying for almost two beers. Any restaurant/bar is serving thomas hooker/etc for $6 a glass at least.

I hate the trend of serving 20oz beers at games. Especially domestic lagers. Unless you're intent on pounding them, they get warm and undrinkable pretty quickly. Would much rather pay more per oz for a 12oz can. I'm there to watch a game, not get buzzed.

Anyway, contest like this seems like splitting hairs. Altoona is a nice AA park. Amenities, sight lines, proximity to field, etc. I'd have a hard time thinking another is so much better that it really makes a big difference.

Perhaps my favorite is actually in single A - I go down to Bradenton for spring training sometimes, and McKechnie Field, which is one of the oldest parks at any level got a remodel a few years ago. Huge party deck in RF/CF. Like sipping cocktails on your patio with a professional game in your backyard.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Best of the Ballparks 2017: Double-A, Final Four
Now in the final 4:
Pensacola vs Altoona
Richmond vs Hartford

Kind of ironic match-up. Richmond has been lobbying for a downtown ballpark for years and is using Hartford as a example of why it would work.

And I tried to go to an Altoona game years ago but the parking there is sub-optimal. We ended up at the Altoona Hooters.

Reaction Score
The mountains/hills are better at Middlebury College's baseball diamond than Altoona. If Altoona is ahead of Pensacola, Hartford should win this with no problem. We've been saying we might have the best AA park in the country. Voters seem to strongly agree.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Kind of ironic match-up. Richmond has been lobbying for a downtown ballpark for years and is using Hartford as a example of why it would work.

And I tried to go to an Altoona game years ago but the parking there is sub-optimal. We ended up at the Altoona Hooters.

The funny thing about that is that cashiers at the Altoona Sheetz are hotter than the waitresses at Hooters. And the food is arguably better.

Reaction Score
32 oz. beers? Wow, that's proof of the New England drinking problem. Big Gulp sized beers with high alcohol content. That's just awesome.

Two of those bad boys and I'd get the wife back to the hotel pronto. She's extremely "friendly" after 2-3 normal beers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The big beers at DD Park are 32 oz. $12 for "premium" (City Steam Nurse, Hooker IPA and others), $10 for Bud & Yuengling, etc.
32 oz. beers? Wow, that's proof of the New England drinking problem. Big Gulp sized beers with high alcohol content. That's just awesome.

Two of those bad boys and I'd get the wife back to the hotel pronto. She's extremely "friendly" after 2-3 normal beers.

32oz does seem unseemly large to actually enjoy it carbonated and cool.

And then I think back to my college days in Rochester and how we would go to games at the old Silver Stadium, pay $4 for a GA ticket, $5 for a 32oz Genny and redeem our ticket stub after the game for two white hots or red hots.

So, maybe we're just old farts.

I prefer the 16oz metal bottles or cans for the sole purpose of helping keep the beer cool for as long as possible.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Haven't been to too many UConn Football games lately, then? Cause I assure you, sobriety is very much the enemy. The last thing you want is a clear-eyed look at the fourth quarter scoreboard.

Since I live in Pgh, no. But did get to the Cuse game last year. Football is different. You get drunk beforehand. Besides, I go to FB games for the tailgating, not the beer. I grew up a Jets fan. Most of the time there wasn't a reason to watch the game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

If we do a Boneyard day at Dunkin Donuts Park, dibs on sitting next to Mrs. Hoophound.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reaction Score
I think they changed it for Chapman. He is pitching for Trenton on Friday now

You're right. Bummer. I'm not a Yankee fan, but I wanted to boo that wife beater.

Top pitching prospects for both tonight:
Justis Sheffield vs Ryan Castellani

Reaction Score
I have to admit that Dunkin Donuts Park is really nice. It has a bit of a major league feel and a bit of an old time feel too. I agree that Haddlock is better but it's a close race. And the food/beer doesn't seem overpriced to me. You can get a beer for $6 and the Bears stuff was reasonable too. Dogs were reasonably priced and pretty good ones.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm coming up to watch them play the BMet Rumble Ponies the last week of June. Pretty excited about it - really.

Reaction Score
1) the tall beers are 32 oz., very reasonably priced
2) you don't have to order a tall
3) you can get cans of beer
4) you can get wine
5) you can get water, soda, gatorade, or coffee
6) you can stop looking for things to complain about, just go to a game and enjoy it.
:cool:

Reaction Score
I'm coming up to watch them play the BMet Rumble Ponies the last week of June. Pretty excited about it - really.
I'll be there. Be sure to give a shout out to the UConn kid LJ Mazzilli playing for the Rumble Ponies.

Reaction Score
Norwich tigers now I believe or defenders. Now this is a cheap night out. Admission, beer, dogs or ice cream very cheap. Seen some good ones come thru there. Watched David Cone to a rehab stint there years ago when affiliated with the Yankees. Got chauffeured up in a limo, pitched 6 innings and got tagged pretty good and then stayed till midnight signing autographs for the kids. Liked him for that and probably the last sellout they'll ever have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom