OT - Yard Goats stadium best in Double A? | The Boneyard

OT - Yard Goats stadium best in Double A?

Reaction Score
Headlock is the nicest MiLB park I've been to (AA Portland), but Dunkin Donuts Park turned out much better than I expected.

Saw Rafael Devers go apesh*t there last month ironically when Portland visited. He's a stud.

Reaction Score
Dunkin has the feel of a big league park and is easily the best minor league park in terms of the Stadium itself I've ever been to. Charleston SC is a close second and Pensacola is a beaut as well . But boy do I miss the days when CT had 3 AA teams. Loved watching games at Yale.

Reaction Score
Went to a game last week. Nice park but $24 for 2 beers is ridiculous.

Reaction Score

Aren't they 20 ounces? It's not that terrible when you realize you're paying for almost two beers. Any restaurant/bar is serving thomas hooker/etc for $6 a glass at least.

Reaction Score
Aren't they 20 ounces? It's not that terrible when you realize you're paying for almost two beers. Any restaurant/bar is serving thomas hooker/etc for $6 a glass at least.
Not sure of the size but they were the big ones and they weren't gourmet, they were Buds.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Nice thing is there's basically a template out there for MiLb stadiums in the 5k-7k range and it's tough to screw them up from a design standpoint (Although the Goats did manage to forget about right field).

The biggest thing setting stadiums apart is location within the region in terms of accessibility and view, concession speed, price and quality.

The Blue Wahoos in my area have gotten plenty of awards and they do it right. Saturday night games are a combination of family event and happy hour. Fireworks over the bay after every Saturday home game. And the eye candy is phenomenal.

My favorite part is kids can come and go from the outfield gate and play on the grassy hill behind the stadium. They get marked on the hand and can come and go as they please.

wahoosstadium.jpg

Reaction Score
Nice thing is there's basically a template out there for MiLb stadiums in the 5k-7k range and it's tough to screw them up from a design standpoint (Although the Goats did manage to forget about right field).

The biggest thing setting stadiums apart is location within the region in terms of accessibility and view, concession speed, price and quality.

The Blue Wahoos in my area have gotten plenty of awards and they do it right. Saturday night games are a combination of family event and happy hour. Fireworks over the bay after every Saturday home game. And the eye candy is phenomenal.

My favorite part is kids can come and go from the outfield gate and play on the grassy hill behind the stadium. They get marked on the hand and can come and go as they please.

wahoosstadium.jpg
where is this stadium?

Reaction Score
Looks nice. It won 2016 best ballpark by baseball digest.

Make sure to vote for DDP every day once a day.

Currently in round 3 against Akron rubber ducks.

Best of the Ballparks 2017: Double-A, Elite Eight
Man I love minor league baseball team names. The Rubber Ducks, awesome. Not sure its better than the New Orleans Baby Cakes or the Montgomery Biscuits but its close.

Reaction Score

I hate when businesses gouge people simply because they leave you with no other option. You're our prisoner and we're going to duck* you if you want a beer, popcorn, soda, etc.. It ruins the experience.

Reaction Score
I hate when businesses gouge people simply because they leave you with no other option. You're our prisoner and we're going to **** you if you want a beer, popcorn, soda, etc.. It ruins the experience.
Consume what you need before you go in.

The clam chowder at this stadium is good stuff. I was impressed. Same with some chips at the Jamaican stand. I look forward to going back.

Bridgeport is going to have to up it's game in how the stadium is run. Impressive how many Eastern League teams are still alive in the contest.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Minor League baseball is such a good value for entertainment.

I'm heading out to California Monday to the Palmdale/Lancaster area.

Lancaster Jet Hawks are the Astros A affiliate. Nice stadium, even though it's built on an off ramp from a state highway. Tickets $8, beer from local brew $6 and a bag of peanuts for $4.

evg_1435161319.jpg

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So you are sad you basically paid $6 for a Bud at a ballpark? Come on.

Minor league?

C'mon.part of the charm of minor league baseball is supposed to be affordability.

You could get 4 beers and a couple dogs for like 16 bucks at Norwich navigators games.

Reaction Score
Consume what you need before you go in.

The clam chowder at this stadium is good stuff. I was impressed. Same with some chips at the Jamaican stand. I look forward to going back.

Bridgeport is going to have to up it's game in how the stadium is run. Impressive how many Eastern League teams are still alive in the contest.
Minor league baseball is an excellent value and there are free tickets all over the place. They make their money primarily from concessions so maybe I shouldn't bitch too much about the $24 for 2 beers.
The Yard Goats seem to have a ton of hitters hitting under .230.

Reaction Score
Minor league?

C'mon.part of the charm of minor league baseball is supposed to be affordability.

You could get 4 beers and a couple dogs for like 16 bucks at Norwich navigators games.
well the navigators was like a decade ago, so that is probably right. last minor league game I went to was the Sea Dogs and beers were like $6 or $7.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom