OT: WVU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: WVU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think there was a certain attraction to TCU, almost rebel-like, when they were independent. With their success for quite a few years, all while playing in the shadow of the big boys, they became a strong attraction to many quality recruits. However, it appears that things may be changing. TCU now seems like any other B12 program. The rebel quality has disappeared as they've become conformists. It will be difficult for TCU to differentiate themselves going forward I believe.

They weren't Indy, they were in CUSA and then the MWC.

Reaction Score
They should have moved heaven and earth to keep RichRod. His style flat out kicked butt for them. Holgorsen is a good coach for what he does, but I am not sure that it is what WVU needs. Right now they look like a watered down Big 12 team with a defense that is bad even by Big 12 standards.
I agree on rich rod. Sometimes a guy is just the right guy for a place and he was that for West Virginia. Hogorson to me is a fine offensive coordinator but I don't think he is that good as a head coach.

Reaction Score
They should have moved heaven and earth to keep RichRod. His style flat out kicked butt for them. Holgorsen is a good coach for what he does, but I am not sure that it is what WVU needs. Right now they look like a watered down Big 12 team with a defense that is bad even by Big 12 standards.

The ironic thing is that RichRod and WVU needed each other. Neither have really been the same since they parted.

Reaction Score
TCU’s quick fall is somewhat surprising; but, some fall was inevitable as their rise was meteoric. Still, they are located in a prime TV and recruiting market for football, so they should be OK assuming that the XII does not implode leaving TCU on an island like UConn.
As for WVU, no surprise there as they are literally stuck on an island that is a so-so TV and recruiting market some 900 miles away from their nearest conference mate. The move to the XII may have let them survive for the short-term; but, it may kill them in the long-term. My one hope with WVU is that in desperation they challenge the XII GOR exploding it and thus sending conference realignment into chaos, which is what UConn needs right now.

Why would they challenge the GOR? Where are they going to go? The SEC is not taking them, the ACC had a chance already & passed and Delaney would not even take their call if they tried.

They are on an island and will likely wither on the vine but they have no place to go so they have no reason to challenge the GOR. If the Big 12 GOR is ever challenged it will be Texas or Oklahoma that will lead the charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom