OT: WNBA becomes legit! | The Boneyard

OT: WNBA becomes legit!

Reaction Score
It's probably a good time to invest in a franchise. I'm betting the value will triple in a few years especially with all the future stars coming into the league who are social media savvy and already have a cult following. This reminds me of when the AFL finally got TV rights and revenue, and how much are those former AFL teams worth now? Congratulations ladies now just like I did with my son I will put a basketball into both of my granddaughters' hands.

Reaction Score
It's probably a good time to invest in a franchise. I'm betting the value will triple in a few years especially with all the future stars coming into the league who are social media savvy and already have a cult following. This reminds me of when the AFL finally got TV rights and revenue, and how much are those former AFL teams worth now? Congratulations ladies now just like I did with my son I will put a basketball into both of my granddaughters' hands.
One of the best things I'm seeing is how Clark and Boston mesh on media appearances. Both are very well spoken and they have a good media chemistry together. Boston trained for this moment in college and her broadcasting appearances this past college season. I hope more college level players spend some time in college on classes like public speaking and dealing with the media. They need to engage their fans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
200 million per year. Probably make more enticing for investors to start a new franchise or two. Should see some player expansion. For now, everybody needs a double pay increase
Cool, now the WNBA should be able to stand on it's own without being subsidized.

Reaction Score
Cool, now the WNBA should be able to stand on it's own without being subsidized.
It's a start. Media rights is one area they needed to see an increase.

Curious to know how much revenue they get to keep from other revenue streams like apparel and merchandising. The current CBA doesn't allow for players to receive anything from their jerseys being sold. Haven't found anything that shows a breakdown as to what the WNBA and NBA get from those sales.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They struck when the iron was hot. They should all kiss some part of Caitlin's anatomy.
Everyone has an opinion on Clark and she seems to polarize people. Some people seem irrationally supportive of her while others seem to have an almost personal dislike of her. Regardless of how someone feels about her, the point you are making is indisputable. Caitlin Clark brought a tremendous number of viewers to the college game. Last year's NCAA women's basketball championship was, I believe, the most viewed basketball game, men's, women's, college, or pro. And now she is doing the same thing bringing eyeballs and attendance to WNBA games. Love her hate her, or somewhere in between, her impact on women's basketball has been huge and that is really indisputable.

Reaction Score
They struck when the iron was hot. They should all kiss some part of Caitlin's anatomy.
No they shouldn't. A lot these things have been in the works prior to Clark joining the league. There's no way a deal like this happens in a few months of a player joining the league.

Sure, she has made an impact, but the viewership numbers have been growing over 5 years. You're going to credit all of that to her even though some it happened when she hadn't been in the NCAA or had become a household name yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom