OT - Will Wade leaves VCU for LSU | The Boneyard

OT - Will Wade leaves VCU for LSU

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's a move that can free up a couple of decent recruits - they have a top 100 power forward in Mayan Kiir and a top 100 point in Lavar Batts. Kiir is an Australian prepping in Florida.

They also have another four-star power forward, Sean Mobley, as well as a three-star power forward.

First, how in the blue f--- does VCU find two four-star power forwards in this class and we can't find one?

Second, the AAC has one ESPN top-100 recruit. VCU has two. So....that's bad.

C

Chief00

That's a move that can free up a couple of decent recruits - they have a top 100 power forward in Mayan Kiir and a top 100 point in Lavar Batts. Kiir is an Australian prepping in Florida.

They also have another four-star power forward, Sean Mobley, as well as a three-star power forward.

First, how in the blue f--- does VCU find two four-star power forwards in this class and we can't find one?

Recruiting goes hand in hand with the preception we can't develop Bigs.

Reaction Score
Lets take a moment. For one thread, we can stop talking about big man development and recruiting and just laugh at VCU.

Its unusual for me to dislike a program because of interactions I have had with their internet fans. VCU is an exception because these fans are exceptionally brutal. We seemed to get caught up in a 3-4 recruiting battles over a short period of time and goshdarn is that message board insufferable. The combination of ego and insanity and lack of achievements was a horrid blend and I am pleased for them to lose another promising coach.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Lets take a moment. For one thread, we can stop talking about big man development and recruiting and just laugh at VCU.

Its unusual for me to dislike a program because of interactions I have had with their internet fans. VCU is an exception because these fans are exceptionally brutal. We seemed to get caught up in a 3-4 recruiting battles over a short period of time and goshdarn is that message board insufferable. The combination of ego and insanity and lack of achievements was a horrid blend and I am pleased for them to lose another promising coach.

RamNation is melting down and I'm loving it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would Isaac Vann who just transferred there from Maine and sat out be eligible to move again without sitting out?

No - you have to have a year in residence at your new school before you're eligible.

If he transferred now, he'd have to sit out another year which would cost him a year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Bummed. I think Wade's a hell of a coach and was hoping he'd land at Georgetown after they let JT3 go next year. College hoops is more fun when the Hoyas are winning and hateable.

Reaction Score
No - you have to have a year in residence at your new school before you're eligible.

If he transferred now, he'd have to sit out another year which would cost him a year of eligibility.
Forgot about Vann, really wish we got him, seems to be a player we could definitely use next year.

Reaction Score

That stat on the aac should be appalling to any uconn fan

Reaction Score

They pay better.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bummed. I think Wade's a hell of a coach and was hoping he'd land at Georgetown after they let JT3 go next year. College hoops is more fun when the Hoyas are winning and hateable.

Interesting.

I find that I don't give a f--- about them most of the time and on those odd occasions that I do care, I enjoy seeing them suffer.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There's a rule that makes them eligible next season if their coach leaves right? Or is that just for upperclassmen?

Reaction Score
There's a rule that makes them eligible next season if their coach leaves right? Or is that just for upperclassmen?
Only graduates with eligibility left and incoming recruits, who need a release if they signed an NLI

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Start a thread asking them which of their recruits do they think would be the best fit for UConn.
Pure. Gold. Fishy, your saltiness gets me through the long days at work.

Reaction Score
Recruiting goes hand in hand with the preception we can't develop Bigs.

STFU
First attempt didn't work through profanity filter ... so I suggest you just shut it

Reaction Score
VCU's rise from occasional tourney team in the CAA to perennial tourney team in the A10 has been pretty remarkable. I'll be even more impressed if they continue this across a third coach. Meanwhile, Umass should probably get sent to the CAA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom