OT: will penalties be reviewable soon? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: will penalties be reviewable soon?

Reaction Score
I agree let the players play, BUT you gotta call that Pass Interference on the Rams defender there, with the ENTIRE world watching the guy never played the football and smacked into the WR .. How there was a no call there it beyond me.. Then the phantom Roughing the Passer call on Brady.. That to me killed the momentum for KC, NOT that stupid Offsides penalty..... Just shameful what's going on right now.. Killing the game with these refs...

The icing on the cake was the Ref exchanging jerseys with Gurley.. smh.....

Rigging games thrown right in our faces folks... and the Koolaid gets goggled down by the masses ( the bandwagoners.. . This new era doesn't promote folks that are true fans to their perspective teams... Just doesn't sell as well).... shameful....
The Jersey thing was fake.

Watching the Rams non PI live I thought the defender tomahawked the ball as he arrived at the offensive player. Replay showed different but that ball just took a funky bounce when it hit the turf.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
With football games approaching the 4 hour mark because of the thousands of replays needed after every play, I'm looking forward to prolonging games even more to review all PI calls...which happens on almost every pass attempt. Maybe holding calls will be next. Let's make games last 8 hours!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The Jersey thing was fake.

Watching the Rams non PI live I thought the defender tomahawked the ball as he arrived at the offensive player. Replay showed different but that ball just took a funky bounce when it hit the turf.

I was also a horribly thrown ball.

Dude looks at all and he has an easy pick. Maybe for 6. Instead we get that....

Reaction Score
I was also a horribly thrown ball.

Dude looks at all and he has an easy pick. Maybe for 6. Instead we get that....
It really, really was. That had pick 6 written all over it except the defender never looked for the ball.

Reaction Score
It really, really was. That had pick 6 written all over it except the defender never looked for the ball.
He was in bad position before the snap and that’s why he got caught sprinting trying to time the ball arrival. No time to look, but go figure he actually arrived early

Reaction Score
So any time you get scored on or something doesn't go your way, you can just challenge it and find a hold going on somewhere in the play to reverse the call. I don't like it. Opening up Pandora's Box.

the Q

Reaction Score
So any time you get scored on or something doesn't go your way, you can just challenge it and find a hold going on somewhere in the play to reverse the call. I don't like it. Opening up Pandora's Box.

If all of those are called tighter it wouldn’t be a problem.

I’m baffled how it’s become acceptable to say those penalties occur on every play. Call it by the book, teams will adjust. But QBs will get hit more....quite a bit more.

Reaction Score
The ref and Gurley exchanging jerseys was photoshopped, never happened.

Rams' Todd Gurley trolls Saints fans in Instagram post
Even though that was photoshopped that doesn't excuse the missed call... Rams shouldn't be there... Cheapens the game for real fans of the sport... There were too many officials on the field to NOT huddle and then make a call on that play.. the world saw it.. and let it slide...

the Q

Reaction Score
Even though that was photoshopped that doesn't excuse the missed call... Rams shouldn't be there... Cheapens the game for real fans of the sport... There were too many officials on the field to NOT huddle and then make a call on that play.. the world saw it.. and let it slide...

Neither team should be. At least the saints game had the excuse of not having replay.

Reaction Score
It usually takes one egregiously bad call/no call to make changes in rules like that ie Jim Joyce blowing Armando Gallaragha’s perfect game in baseball bringing replay in. It would not shock me given the reactionary nature we usually see in these situations that the NFL institutes replay for penalties. IMO bad calls are a part of the game and replay is painful, especially when you rewatch it once and can tell the right calls but refs stare at it for 5 min. Thoughts?
It should be a coaches challenge replay if they do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom