OT: Why I'll Never Respect Bill Laimbeer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Why I'll Never Respect Bill Laimbeer

Reaction Score
The Pistons were like the Oakland Raiders and the Philadelphia Flyers. They committed so many penalties that the officials couldn't call all of them, so they got away with many. On top of that, the officials have a tendency to try to even out the calls. In essence, that penalizes the cleaner team or the less sneaky team. It worked for a time. I never liked it and thought it was bad for sports. But I'll admit, when I played I cheated sometimes.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, would we all agree that Diana Taurasi is the WCBB edition of Laimbeer? Probably not in this community ...

Actually, she is more like Larry Bird with Laimbeer's personality.
She's more like Bird with Bird's personality. She and Bird can beat you a million ways. Laimbeer was more of a one trick pony.

Although Larry was "the victim" in the video, he had plenty of chippy (though not dirty) play. I'd put Taurasi in the same category.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Got no love for "Lamebeer"- never have, never will. Bird was no saint either but her got mad respect in the barbershop when I still had hair. When you can provoke a gentleman like Dr. J into choking you, that is not a good look.
upload_2017-7-8_9-19-24.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ditto about Lainbeer. Ruined the game and seriously endangered other players. Should have been thrown out of the NBA.

But what, then, do we think about Chuck Daly? Everyone seems to have liked him, yet he countenanced that style of play.

Reaction Score
Your not understanding what I'm saying. Im saying that Celtic team can put the best 5 white guys on the court at the same time better than any other team I've seen...
I totally understand RP and DJ were on the team and starters... There 5 white guys(white wash) can beat any other teams top five white guys... Get it now?
Got it. Five Celtic white guys can beat any other five white guys. Wow!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Ditto about Lainbeer. Ruined the game and seriously endangered other players. Should have been thrown out of the NBA.

But what, then, do we think about Chuck Daly? Everyone seems to have liked him, yet he countenanced that style of play.
If you can play that style - and the league and / or officials do nothing about it - then you can play that style.

I wasn't following the NBA at that time - actually ever, but I assume it was sort of like the Philadelphia Flyers around the time when I was in college - although that was a probably a throwback to an era of hockey that didn't need reviving. Didn't approve of their style, either, but boy they produced results.

It is up to the league and officials to set the standards of play.

Reaction Score
If you can play that style - and the league and / or officials do nothing about it - then you can play that style.

I wasn't following the NBA at that time - actually ever, but I assume it was sort of like the Philadelphia Flyers around the time when I was in college - although that was a probably a throwback to an era of hockey that didn't need reviving. Didn't approve of their style, either, but boy they produced results.

It is up to the league and officials to set the standards of play.

Bags is really completely out of his potato with that comment ha.

Reaction Score

Lambeer ruined game? Really? I have been a Celtics fan my entire life and remember Red and other teams for many years bringing in "thugs" to fight off Chamberlain, Jabir, and many others. Hated Lambeer's style but had to respect that he got more out of minimal talent than most in league. He did what you needed to do to win at this stage of NBA.

Reaction Score
Lambeer ruined game? Really? I have been a Celtics fan my entire life and remember Red and other teams for many years bringing in "thugs" to fight off Chamberlain, Jabir, and many others. Hated Lambeer's style but had to respect that he got more out of minimal talent than most in league. He did what you needed to do to win at this stage of NBA.

It was great when they beat the chit out of pippen and gave him migraines ha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom