OT: Why I'll Never Respect Bill Laimbeer | The Boneyard

OT: Why I'll Never Respect Bill Laimbeer

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Larry Bird is just one of many who were put at risk by this thug.

Reaction Score
Why did you have to show that. Now, after all these years I'm pissed off again.

There are two guys I wouldn't lift a finger to help if they were getting the crap beat out of them, Lambeer and Laettner

Reaction Score
Love it! Loved seeing Bird totally lose control and get thrown out along with Laimbeer (mission accomplished). Was funny to see Rodman come up and attack Bird after he threw the ball at Laimbeer. Too bad the Celtics went on to win that series (4-3) Glad the Lakers knocked them off in the finals - I hate the Celtics.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
make up your minds, y'all. were the players back in the day "men" or "bullies." are the players today "snowflakes" or "evolved."

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Today's players wouldn't last five minutes on the floor with any of those Lakers, Celtics or Pistons teams of the 1980's and very early 1990's.

Reaction Score
Liked the game where Lamebeer kept hacking until he drew blood and Bird took it right to him to the tune of about forty points. My memory is faded but seems like he would seek the lame one out and back him down so it was one on one and then score on, over, and around him.

Reaction Score

There are two guys I wouldn't lift a finger to help if they were getting the crap beat out of them, Lambeer and Laettner

You have ". I still hate leattner tee??

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
So, would we all agree that Diana Taurasi is the WCBB edition of Laimbeer? Probably not in this community ...

Actually, she is more like Larry Bird with Laimbeer's personality.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Since they are both about 6'11 and 240 plus pounds...... seriously doubt you could lift them up anyway ;)

Reaction Score
Not really :
Bird
Mchale
Ainge
Sichting
Walton

Best white wash of all time no?
Really? Did you ever hear of a great Celtic named Robert Parish ( the "pillar" of the '85/'86 Celtics? Or how about the famous DJ Dennis Johnson ( Celtics '83-90) whose number was retired by the Celtics?

Reaction Score
Really? Did you ever hear of a great Celtic named Robert Parish ( the "pillar" of the '85/'86 Celtics? Or how about the famous DJ Dennis Johnson ( Celtics '83-90) whose number was retired by the Celtics?

Your not understanding what I'm saying. Im saying that Celtic team can put the best 5 white guys on the court at the same time better than any other team I've seen...
I totally understand RP and DJ were on the team and starters... There 5 white guys(white wash) can beat any other teams top five white guys... Get it now?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

I saw a bumper sticker once that said, "Still pissed at Yoko".

ESPN ran a 30 for 30 a year or so ago called something like "Why everyone hates Christian Laettner." I actually was a fan despite being at UVa, but this show was very humanizing, and my wife, who had no skin in that game, had a good impression of him after it.

Reaction Score

ESPN ran a 30 for 30 a year or so ago called something like "Why everyone hates Christian Laettner." I actually was a fan despite being at UVa, but this show was very humanizing, and my wife, who had no skin in that game, had a good impression of him after it.

I saw it too it was well done.

I forgot those duke teams played both the UNLV Rebels( final four)(championship game) and the fab five( I assume as freshman).

I think duke beat both teams once. Pretty cool

Reaction Score
Larry Bird is just one of many who were put at risk by this thug.

Kind of a lame fight TBH. No good punches were really landed.

Typical pro BB quasi-fight...

but yes, Larry could take over a game like no one has since.

Except maybe Jordan.

I saw two games in DC where those two were phenomenal. Bird kept hitting impossible shots in overtimes to keep the Celts in the game until they finally won it. Jordan was "Jordan" at his prime in the other game.

Fans too young to have seen them play in person don't have a clue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

There is more to Laettner story than I'm aware of--I was a bit miffed when he caught the ball turned around and sunk the last second shot for the win---if that is the reason--ND must be still angry with Sue.--I guess I'm the lone hold out in hating him--

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Satisfaction is knowing your daughter in law was a Dook classmate of Laetner who couldn't stand him. She's ok, got a masters at UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom