OT: which is a "greater" streak: Dodgers or Indians? | The Boneyard

OT: which is a "greater" streak: Dodgers or Indians?

Reaction Score
Tired of trying to warn high school prospects away from elite private schools (Not To Jinx Us But), I decided to pose this question.

Wow, who would have bet that the Dodgers could tank like this, with Kershaw having 3 starts?

But Cleveland's TWENTY in a row? That means that every pitcher, even the 4 and 5, are doing their jobs, four times in a row. Who would have thought that could happen in the modern era?

Reaction Score
Tired of trying to warn high school prospects away from elite private schools (Not To Jinx Us But), I decided to pose this question.

Wow, who would have bet that the Dodgers could tank like this, with Kershaw having 3 starts?

But Cleveland's TWENTY in a row? That means that every pitcher, even the 4 and 5, are doing their jobs, four times in a row. Who would have thought that could happen in the modern era?
Billy Beane's "Moneyball" Oakland A's did it in 2002.

Reaction Score
They both are among the upper crust of ballclubs and are expected to win more often than lose,so any prolonged losing streak for either team would be remarkable and unusual for any team with the type of talent they both possess.The trolley dodgers were just on the cover of S.I.with a headline of:"Best team ever"?After a glowing story about this overachieving "boys of summer"group,they found themselves mired in the infamous S.I.cover jinx.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I will go with Cleveland`s streak.

I went through the scores of the games and amazingly, they have only given up 32 runs during the streak. 7 shutouts, 9 other games giving up 2 or fewer runs. Also, 6 games scoring 10 or more runs.

Also meaningful in that they have now surpassed the Astros for the best record in the American League, worth home field advantage. The Astros had what seemed to be an insurmountable lead only a couple of weeks ago. And, Major League record of 26 in sight, that would be even more incredible.

The Dodgers streak is also obviously noteworthy, but they are still up 9 games in the West and still have a 4 game lead over Washington for best record in the NL. Don`t follow it closely enough to say, but may be a combination of letting foot off the gas, some injury issues, and reversion to the mean. Also, they have faced Colorado and Arizona, two very good teams, a lot (10 losses) during the losing streak.

Earlier in the year, the Dodgers won 52 out of 61, which may be more amazing than even what Cleveland has done. If there were enough games left, Cleveland would have to go 32 - 9, or 78%, to match that mark.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Cleveland's win streak is more impressive. It takes no effort at all to "suck", and lose a number of games consecutively. Anyone team or organization can do that, and many have.

How many games did the Tampa Bay Buccaneers lose to begin their existence in 1976? They were horrible. I remember the answer then head coach John McKay gave when a reporter inquired about his team's execution. He said "I'm in favor of it".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom