OT: When will K learn? | The Boneyard

OT: When will K learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
You don't put a guy with two fouls with that much time left in the first half.
LOL - I was explaining to a house guest about the fouls in the 2004 final four and said 'when we he ever learn?'

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Coach K never seems to have more than one pure athlete/ guy that can create his own shot.

Reaction Score
The chances of a ref calling a 3rd foul in the first half are minimal, so K. takes his chances.

Reaction Score
The chances of a ref calling a 3rd foul in the first half are minimal, so K. takes his chances.
And that's worked out well for him now at least twice.

It might work against coaches who have no pull with refs. That's not working with Calhoun or Pitino.

Reaction Score

In this case, it was a bad call too I thought. The problem is that you can trust your player to be smart, but you still have to hope the stripes don't muck one up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
they will call it if he commits one

Reaction Score
It was the right play by K, especially given Kelly only finished with three fouls. If he had benched him until half, he wouldn't have played as many minutes.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Not only K. When will Dukie V and the rest of his type flunkies that the ACC's best days have been behind them for more than 2 decades. For the last 10 - 15 years, the old BE was the best basketball conference in the country, bar none. Even with people touting the B1G this year, Michigan should have lost to Kansas and there wouldn't have been one B1G team in the Final Four. It's still a shame the conference imploded. But in our last year, at least we can be looking at an all BE final.

Reaction Score
K trusts his players to be smart and not pick up #3. They are Duke students after all.:)

Reaction Score
Not only K. When will Dukie V and the rest of his type flunkies that the ACC's best days have been behind them for more than 2 decades. For the last 10 - 15 years, the old BE was the best basketball conference in the country, bar none. Even with people touting the B1G this year, Michigan should have lost to Kansas and there wouldn't have been one B1G team in the Final Four. It's still a shame the conference imploded. But in our last year, at least we can be looking at an all BE final.

The ACC won the national championship in 2009 and 2010. "More than 2 decades" might be a sliiiiight exaggeration.

Reaction Score
well technically he is maximizing the time his player is getting on the court with this strategy. so unless you think the minutes in the second half are worth more than those in the first half (could easily be a valid assumption) i think coach k's strategy is sound.

Reaction Score
I hate duke, but I think his resume speaks for itself. I have coached two years of high school bball, do not think I have the clout to call him out.

Reaction Score
Coach K has had this philosophy for awhile. All of us UConn fans are used to the Calhoun rule of 2 and you're done for the half but K regularly gambles on it. Sometimes it pays off...sometimes it screws you. When you're playing against a team that was so much more athletic than your team it probably screws you...and tonight it didnt work out.

Louisville was so clearly the better team...what they did to Duke tonight was impressive.

Reaction Score
K is consistent. He trusts his players to be smart out there.
Two points where it has burned him over a career; not too bad

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I hate duke, but I think his resume speaks for itself. I have coached two years of high school bball, do not think I have the clout to call him out.

Posters, with a lot less basketball smarts than you, think nothing of calling him out. It sort of goes without saying that you have the clout to call him out.

Please do not forget where you are posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom