OT: When I was a student in the Jungle | The Boneyard

OT: When I was a student in the Jungle

Reaction Score
Whenever the first snow came students from South Campus would trudge down in front of Life Sciences building and we would have the biggest snowball fight imaginable. Us Junglerats would pour into the quad and it was on! Does this tradition still happen?

Reaction Score
Whenever the first snow came students from South Campus would trudge down in front of Life Sciences building and we would have the biggest snowball fight imaginable. Us Junglerats would pour into the quad and it was on! Does this tradition still happen?
I was told while living in North that we were not allowed to throw snowballs due to safety concerns. Wish I was kidding

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was told while living in North that we were not allowed to throw snowballs due to safety concerns. Wish I was kidding
... and you actually paid attention to that?!
1780549-shakehead.gif

Snowball wars at UConn are a part of it's traditions.

Reaction Score
Those fights were awesome! We also used to mudslide down the center of the jungle

Reaction Score
I remember epic snowball fights between The Jungle (North Campus) and Frats (I think it was officially Northwest?) when I was there. Don't remember South being involved but since we were locked into our small skirmishes you could never tell who was who anyway.

Reaction Score
One year we were invaded by the kids from the tower dorms for a huge snowball fight. Can't believe it's not allowed anymore. Those were fun times

Reaction Score
When I lived in the Jungle we marched on South campus for panties. Heck with the snowballs!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
When many of us where there,South Campus was a girl's dorm.
I moved into Stowe A when it was mixed by building. I would say 73?
Pretty sure South Campus is now just a memory.

CL82

Reaction Score
When many of us where there,South Campus was a girl's dorm.
I moved into Stowe A when it was mixed by building. I would say 73?
Pretty sure South Campus is now just a memory.
I was there 78-82. My frosh year Stowe was all guys, Crawford all girls and the rest of south was co-ed. Stow became co-ed in 80, maybe 81.

South Campus is still there but there are all new buildings and a common dining hall.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One year we were invaded by the kids from the tower dorms for a huge snowball fight. Can't believe it's not allowed anymore. Those were fun times

I was part of an Army from Towers that marched on the Jungle, eventually, the Jungle and Frats joined us and we marched on South and West. That was epic.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I remember epic snowball fights between The Jungle (North Campus) and Frats (I think it was officially Northwest?) when I was there. Don't remember South being involved but since we were locked into our small skirmishes you could never tell who was who anyway.

There were a lot of broken windows between Frats and the Jungle. I recall one fight where we had a guy who was a varsity pitcher, he was incredible in a snowball fight.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

dean-wormer.jpg
"No more fun of any kind!" - Dean Vernon Wormer

CL82

Reaction Score
I was part of an Army from Towers that marched on the Jungle, eventually, the Jungle and Frats joined us and we marched on South and West. That was epic.
What year was it?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was there 78-82. My frosh year Stowe was all guys, Crawford all girls and the rest of south was co-ed. Stow became co-ed in 80, maybe 81.

South Campus is still there but there are all new buildings and a common dining hall.

I thought my old dorm (Stowe A) got so rowdy they knocked it down. Rural legend?
Anyway, glad to hear the rest of it is still there.

Reaction Score
Had to be 75-77 That's when I lived in the jungle

Reaction Score
I don't remember anything of that scale in 04' when I was in Northwest.. but I do remember everybody stealing trays from the dining hall to slide down the hills when it snowed or rained during spring weekend. Marching on South for a snowball fight sounds like it would have been a hell of a good time. I feel like South was honors housing when I was there. Their dining hall was better.. I remember I took my ex there for a fancy date night dinner when I was broke :-D .. Don't ever let anybody tell you Hamms is a penny pincher!

Reaction Score
There were a lot of broken windows between Frats and the Jungle. I recall one fight where we had a guy who was a varsity pitcher, he was incredible in a snowball fight.

Yessir. Windham Pit. I had to duct tape my window shade to the wall to keep the cold breeze out until they fixed the window panes.

We had some great mudslides on the Jungle Beach too.

Remind me again why I want my daughter to go to UCONN?

EDIT: Student, Jungle, same sentence. FUNNY!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom