OT when a star player wants out how does that affect their legacy? | The Boneyard

OT when a star player wants out how does that affect their legacy?

Reaction Score
I never blame a player for wanting to leave elsewhere they should have that right, however I believe it does peg you down some notches on a GOAT list. To me being a GOAT players should wanna go join your team and not you going somewhere else, because you are the star you are the market that defines GOAT to me you make players around you better.

Its one thing if an organization wants to move on from you like the Pats moving on from Brady, btw notice everyone on that team has resigned after winning a superbowl and have players willing to take a pay cut. Is Rodgers situation in GB that dire, maybe hes pissed because the Packers took a QB in rd 1 last year, Brady was pissed the Pats took Jimmy what did he do he wins 3 superbowls, for good measure he wins another with TB.

We hold our 2014 team in high regard because they overcame adversity and had players who didnt bail when they easily couldve. We look at the players that transferred differently.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I never blame a player for wanting to leave elsewhere they should have that right, however I believe it does peg you down some notches on a GOAT list. To me being a GOAT players should wanna go join your team and not you going somewhere else, because you are the star you are the market that defines GOAT to me you make players around you better.

Its one thing if an organization wants to move on from you like the Pats moving on from Brady, btw notice everyone on that team has resigned after winning a superbowl and have players willing to take a pay cut. Is Rodgers situation in GB that dire, maybe hes pissed because the Packers took a QB in rd 1 last year, Brady was pissed the Pats took Jimmy what did he do he wins 3 superbowls, for good measure he wins another with TB.

We hold our 2014 team in high regard because they overcame adversity and had players who didnt bail when they easily couldve. We look at the players that transferred differently.
I wish your namesake had toughed it out. I would have liked him to have been a part of the 2014 championship. I definitely never felt any ill will toward him though. Oriaki’s dad’s tweets left a bad taste though. I didn’t exactly I wish him ill, but I didn’t really root for him either. Gilbert on the other hand, I wish the kid nothing but the best. So, I guess, for me at least, it really depends on the manner in which they leave.

Reaction Score
I wish your namesake had toughed it out. I would have liked him to have been a part of the 2014 championship. I definitely never felt any ill will toward him though. Oriaki’s dad’s tweets left a bad taste though. I didn’t exactly I wish him ill, but I didn’t really root for him either. Gilbert on the other hand, I wish the kid nothing but the best. So, I guess, for me at least, it really depends on the manner in which they leave.

Players come and go its part of the business, of course how they leave is another story. Now a star player leaving I have to peg you down some notches on a GOAT list, its why I put Lebron down some notches an the GOAT list.

Reaction Score
Gilbert , Adams , Carlton, even Jamal Coombs-McDaniel , back in 2011. Or TSam in 2015 and a few more , Left because they saw their opportunities here were limited or non existent. Players want to play so we hold those players in higher regard.
Oriakhi , Smith , Jackson, Enoch Durham on the other hand left with the the full knowledge their departures would hurt the program. Apples and oranges
You have to look at those differently.

Reaction Score
Oriakhi , Smith , Jackson, Enoch Durham on the other hand left with the the full knowledge their departures would hurt the program. Apples and oranges

I genuinely don't get this sentiment at all. This is like not quitting your job at the insurance agency because you don't want to hurt the company's feelings.

Reaction Score
Like not quitting your job at a law firm because you'll hurt the partner's feelings.. Makes no sense.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Roscoe Smith got a raw deal here. Calhoun had his head up his ass there.

Reaction Score
Roscoe Smith got a raw deal here. Calhoun had his head up his ass there.
How so? I never heard the story. It seemed like JC liked him a lot.

I thought Roscoe played pretty well here. He just wasn’t the wing that he was thought to be coming in. JC played him as a PF and we won a title. Then he went to UNLV and he didn’t show any real additional skills there. He just got better as a rebounder and solid all around PF.

Reaction Score
As JC got older.. My way or the Highway got to be his mantra. His success is undeniable. Roscoe was a player who was a casualty of that attitude.

Reaction Score
The difference is Roscoe didnt put himself above his teammates and openly trash the coach making it about himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom