OT- What Would a World Team v USA Look Like? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- What Would a World Team v USA Look Like?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just like national soccer teams: all sorts of silliness going on in terms of citizenship. And the US team is right up there with guys born in Germany to an American mom and German dad and that sort of thing.
Actually for soccer it's mostly German mother and American (service member) dad. And if their dad was willing to serve, I'm fine with them being American.

What we could use are some military bases in Brazil, Spain. ;) (maybe Croatia, Belgium and France)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree with my friend Jordy. We beat Australia in 2012, only with a good second half. We beat Spain in 2014, but they played us even other than Maya’s early scoring spurt. We struggled with France in 2016 without Sue. I think U.S. versus rest of world is a fairly even matchup, at least If ROW has adequate practice time. If Geno is coaching, I like our chances. If Dawn is coaching, I worry a little.

Why is the U.S. so good, and how long will it last? Well, we start a backcourt of the GOAT and best PG in history, both of whom are playing as well as ever. That won’t last past 2020. We also have the potential all-time leading WNBA scorer and rebounder in Tina, the potential leading scorer in Maya, and very special talents in Griner, Fowles, and EDD. Then there is the possible future GOAT in Seattle. Once we lose them, who will take their places?

Reaction Score
What would the roster be of a World versus America team?

There are a couple of obvious picks.

Liz Cambage at center (Australia)

After that, I'm thinking Emma Meeseman from Belgium (sitting out the WNBA season?).

Then I'm thinking Natalie Achonwa (Canada)

Maria Vadeeva C-F (Russia) has only just joined the WNBA, and she's only 18, but she performed well in the Euro-League championships

Alba Torrens (Spain)?

Sonja Petrovic from Dynamo Kursk?

Would Kia Nurse (Canada) be on the roster?

Ezi Magbegor (Australia)? Too inexperienced?

What would your picks for a World Team to take on America look like? Should there be a World versus America series? We have Europe versus America in golf.
I just want to say that this was an interesting topic for a thread. I really wish someone would make this happen. In a seven game series, I would expect that the world would take some games, but overall the US would dominate. I think even the all UConn team would dominate. Stewie, Tina, Maya, Bird, DT, KLM, MoJeff, Steph, Tiff, Tuck, Kiah, Kia, Bria, Gabby, Azura.... Alright, a really big all UConn team. And I think you could make a song from those names.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom