OT what the hell is up with Stubhub these days? | The Boneyard

OT what the hell is up with Stubhub these days?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_2907.GIF
Used to be you'd pick your tickets and pay the low price you see. Now orders go up yugely when you go to buy the seats. Just bought two yard goat tickets for 20 dollars each and ended up paying 60. What the hell? Same thing when I bought concert tickets a couple months ago. Each seat was $250 and I ended up paying $630. They don't even give a name for the bogus fees. They don't even need to ship them they just email them. I think I'm gonna need a new secondary market site.

Reaction Score
View attachment 22853 Used to be you'd pick your tickets and pay the low price you see. Now orders go up yugely when you go to buy the seats. Just bought two yard goat tickets for 20 dollars each and ended up paying 60. What the hell? Same thing when I bought concert tickets a couple months ago. Each seat was $250 and I ended up paying $630. They don't even give a name for the bogus fees. They don't even need to ship them they just email them. I think I'm gonna need a new secondary market site.

you cant just go to the stadium and buy tickets there ?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
View attachment 22853 Used to be you'd pick your tickets and pay the low price you see. Now orders go up yugely when you go to buy the seats. Just bought two yard goat tickets for 20 dollars each and ended up paying 60. What the hell? Same thing when I bought concert tickets a couple months ago. Each seat was $250 and I ended up paying $630. They don't even give a name for the bogus fees. They don't even need to ship them they just email them. I think I'm gonna need a new secondary market site.
They are all a bunch of ripoffs
Bought Chris Robinson Brotherhood tickets from the Infinity in Hartford and each ticket had over $20 fees on each ticket - the Dead and Co. tickets at MSG had nearly $35 each ticket and I could go on and on. Property usage fees, this fee that fee.....

Reaction Score
If you want to avoid paying transaction fees, you can use Tickpick.com. The price you pay is the price listed for the seat. But they may (not sure) charge a premium for the same seat to accommodate for the lack of transaction fees. But from my experience, the prices have been comparable to Stubhub, Ticketcity, Seatgeek etc.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
StubHub has a filter option that allows you to display the ticket prices with the fees included. It makes checking out and seeing the total cost less shocking.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Stubhub has a lot of software engineers they need to pay...

Reaction Score
I feel your pain as well, bought 3 USA tix for the upcoming match at the rent and $28 ea. tix cost $43 ea. after fees.

It's obviously not a new development, but what really grinds my gears is the fee to print your own tickets.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Searched for concert tickets on Seat Geek yesterday. $80 in fees on 2 tickets. Can't get tickets downloaded til Nov from Mohegan. Crazy. Lucky I had a summer code which wiped out the $80. That's ridiculous!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Buying tickets is always a treat.

Even when you're buying them direct from Ticketmaster, the creativity given to the application of fees is truly impressive.

StubHub straight scares me - I went to the Travers a few years back when American Pharoah ran. All afternoon, people around me were being asked to leave by security when someone else showed up with valid tickets to their seats. Those folks had bought off of StubHub and the tickets were fake - StubHub even knew it would be a problem and had a refund office set up just offsite.

Reaction Score
You bought tickets from stubhub.....to a yard goats game.....I've seen it all now.

Reaction Score
The fees have been obnoxious since forever, but I think it's essentially the same tickets being sold on all of the secondary markets and they all wash out to about the same figure in the end.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You do realize you can buy tickets directly from the yardgoats online just as easily as you can from stubhub?
I remember seeing somewhere that this series was sold out (probably under the assumption that Ellsbury was playing for Trenton) but it was probably 3/5 full.

Reaction Score
Lol can we stop crappin on 2.0 for buying yardgoat tix on stubhub? His points are just as valid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I bought 4 tickets from them to an event a few months ago for $500.

They sold them to multiple people - and it wasn't just us there were rows of people dealing with it.

They tried to give me a $50 credit and I had a complete meltdown and they reversed the charge.

A joke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom