OT: What is there to do this holiday season? | The Boneyard

OT: What is there to do this holiday season?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Does anyone have any serious suggestions on what to do on the build up to Christmas? Preferably on the weekends but during the work week can work as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
o-SENIOR-DRINKING-facebook.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Our flagship state university has a basketball team that can be fun to follow if you have perspective, and other things in your life that also bring you joy so you don’t have to react irrationally when the team loses.

Family, friends, music and exercise are among those other things that work for me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Seriously, a trip to NYC is always a great option with tons of possibilities depending on who you are looking to entertain. We’ve done all the holiday stuff in years past but this year I think we are headed to the Met to check out a few new exhibits.

The Christmas display of the boats in Stonington is supposed to be pretty cool. My wife has been clamoring to check it out but we have never been yet.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Seriously, a trip to NYC is always a great option with tons of possibilities depending on who you are looking to entertain. We’ve done all the holiday stuff in years past but this year I think we are headed to the Met to check out a few new exhibits.

The Christmas display of the boats in Stonington is supposed to be pretty cool. My wife has been clamoring to check it out but we have never been yet.
Yeah, I found a bunch in NYC. I was looking for something in CT for a day

Reaction Score
I love it. Within 6 posts, the advice is drink, watch UConn Basketball and go to NYC. Toss in a tip to go to the Hartford Stage.

Welcome to CT!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I love it. Within 6 posts, the advice is drink, watch UConn Basketball and go to NYC. Toss in a tip to go to the Hartford Stage.

Welcome to CT!

I recommended a fine Hartford activity and was serious about it.

Reaction Score
I have always liked to wander New York and stroll Times Square and Greenwich Village etc. and have a bagel then do dinner in Little Italy or visit Boston, sip coffee, enjoy the decorations and have a nice lunch in Harvard Square or Back Bay then do lunch in the North End. I like the crisp air and the hustle bustle of the shopping season in the city.

Reaction Score
Not sure what tickles your fancy so check out this site...

Almost Halloween
CT Events & Entertainment | Visit CT

The Festival of Lights in Mystic is cool. Fri Dec 8th. Much better than the one at Lighthouse Point IMO.

I'll plug just about anything on the shoreline east of New Haven out to Old Lyme this time of year. Branford and Guilford's greens are well decorated and worth a stroll around. Essex is gorgeous. Good food at all of these places.

Reaction Score
I recommended a fine Hartford activity and was serious about it.

Sure. It's fine. I get it's your traditional thing but Dickens on stage isn't for everyone. And other than that, we got "Go to NY" advice here.

Does Constitution Plaza still trot our that uber-lame light display?

Reaction Score
Paul Winter's Winter Solstice concert at the Cathedral of Saint John the Divine.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Our flagship state university has a basketball team that can be fun to follow if you have perspective, and other things in your life that also bring you joy so you don’t have to react irrationally when the team loses.

Family, friends, music and exercise are among those other things that work for me.
Interesting, no mention of food or drink.

I'm with all of the above. On specifics, we'll go back to the Trolley Museum w/grandkids, have lunch, & then get a tree; spend a day in NYC for lights and decorations, Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirrors, and master drawings at The Met; and alternate between unexpected events & invitations and loving relaxing at home.

Might look into Christmas Carol.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Interesting, no mention of food or drink.

I'm with all of the above. On specifics, we'll go back to the Trolley Museum w/grandkids, have lunch, & then get a tree; spend a day in NYC for lights and decorations, Yayoi Kusama's Infinity Mirrors, and master drawings at The Met; and alternate between unexpected events & invitations and loving relaxing at home.

Might look into Christmas Carol.
I saw the infinity mirrors and was interested. Have you been before? What's it like if you have?

Reaction Score
4 must eventually do Christmas things in NYC: NYC Ballet Nutcracker, NY Pops Christmas, Radio City Rocketts Christmas Show, and Solstice at Cathedral of St John.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom