OT? What is Jelly Fam? | The Boneyard

OT? What is Jelly Fam?

Reaction Score
Sid Wilson is a part of "jelly fam" according to my players. I have absolutely no idea what this is, and I'm not even that old.

One of our more youthful boneyarders, can you explain?

Does it have something to do with "jelly" layups?

Reaction Score
So, how is this different from Iverson, Kenny Anderson, Tiny Archibald or Dr J and what they did at Rucker Park 20-30 years ago?

Reaction Score
So, how is this different from Iverson, Kenny Anderson, Tiny Archibald or Dr J and what they did at Rucker Park 20-30 years ago?

because they call it something and pretend they started some movement. To me, Jalen Adams is full on Jellyfam, but I'm sure the kiddies in here will tell us that Sid Wilson taught him that. I personally enjoy it, Jalen is at times a wizard out there, so if he wants to call it jellyfam and he and Wilson do it every other time down the court, cool. Points is points

Reaction Score
Old people trying to understand young people things...comedy.

Young people things?

ICaEpjz.jpg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Way back in the Dark Ages, kids much preferred the ABA to the NBA because of Dr. J, Iceman and others who invented style points in hoops. The stodgy NBA had no choice but to shut it down thru merging. Whole lotta tri-colored basketballs sold back then.

I'm aware of the ABA but what does that have to do with kids starting a clique called "Jelly Fam"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm aware of the ABA but what does that have to do with kids starting a clique called "Jelly Fam"

Just furthers the style over substance concept.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Way back in the Dark Ages, kids much preferred the ABA to the NBA because of Dr. J, Iceman and others who invented style points in hoops. The stodgy NBA had no choice but to shut it down thru merging. Whole lotta tri-colored basketballs sold back then.
Funny.

Reaction Score
So some young people are pretending they created something new, when they didn't, and just attaching some dumb sounding buzz word to it to make it sound new, when it's not.

Copy cat!

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Funny.
Best poster ever. Ice in what looks like a frozen basketball court, cooly sitting on ice w/ legs crossed bedecked in a light silver suit, palming two ice basketballs. The epitome of cool.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
You got Jamfam led by Zion Williamson and Jellyfam (my son's favorite) led by Isaiah Washington, Sid Wilson and other NYC metro kids.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom