OT- What Are The Odds of ------ | The Boneyard

OT- What Are The Odds of ------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
being in a B&B in Taos NM sitting at the breakfast table with 3 other couples and having 3 very avid college basketball fans there who rout for and closely follow the last 3 Nat'l champions.

Well it happened to me on Saturday. I was talking to the gentleman sitting next to me and he said he was from Lexington KY and I asked if he followed KY hoops. (I know, a dumb question, but I asked anyway). He looked at me like I was from another planet and then raved about the pre-Calipari period. I asked him what he thought of Calipari and he didn't want to talk about him although he did admit that he brought them a championship. At that point another couple sat down and the guy proudly said well I'm from Louisville, we beat you this year and we are the current champion. I tossed in my UCONN connection, and how we beat both KY and the Ville in 2011. We had a great conversation and there were kudos for JC and Kemba. The last 3 Nat'l champs "represented" at one table in NM. Who'd have thought ? Incidentely, the 4th guy didn't follow basketball at all.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
being in a B&B in Taos NM sitting at the breakfast table with 3 other couples and having 3 very avid college basketball fans there who rout for and closely follow the last 3 Nat'l champions.

Well it happened to me on Saturday. I was talking to the gentleman sitting next to me and he said he was from Lexington KY and I asked if he followed KY hoops. (I know, a dumb question, but I asked anyway). He looked at me like I was from another planet and then raved about the pre-Calipari period. I asked him what he thought of Calipari and he didn't want to talk about him although he did admit that he brought them a championship. At that point another couple sat down and the guy proudly said well I'm from Louisville, we beat you this year and we are the current champion. I tossed in my UCONN connection, and how we beat both KY and the Ville in 2011. We had a great conversation and there were kudos for JC and Kemba. The last 3 Nat'l champs "represented" at one table in NM. Who'd have thought ? Incidentely, the 4th guy didn't follow basketball at all.

Are you sure he wasn't just a Pitt fan and had nothing to add to a conversation about March success?

Reaction Score
Its stories like this that make me 'face palm' when posters still question us being elite.

We are UConn dammit!

Reaction Score
The odds on finding finding real Louisville fan outside of Louisville are a million to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom