OT- Wethersfield Native and Former US National Soccer Team Coach & Gold Medal Champ Has Passed Away | The Boneyard

OT- Wethersfield Native and Former US National Soccer Team Coach & Gold Medal Champ Has Passed Away

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I've worked/coached camps with Tony
He was a great guy and a soccer guru
I will miss him
Enjoy the pitch in heaven Tony and don't let them tickle the onion bag behind you

Reaction Score
Tony was one of the kindest, most humble, and real people I've ever known. I am incredibly lucky to have spent so much time with him over the years and to have called him my uncle and godfather. The outpouring of love pouring in pales in comparison to the love and respect his family had for him.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Sorry for your loss Boog. He coached my brother-in-law in the u20 World Cup, a while back. He always had great things to say about your uncle. A true CT soccer legend.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I had the pleasure of attending several soccer coaches conventions at which Tony was an instructor both on the field and in the classroom and got to know him a bit. A class act, great guy and US soccer legend. I'm shocked. Rest in Peace.

Reaction Score
I learned so much from coach Diccico. Had the pleasure to play soccer for him in Farmington, CT for several years for FSA United. His son was the same age as me and we were on the same team. Taught me a great deal about teamwork, discipline & how to carry yourself professionally. Don't have a single bad word to say about him. He had a great sense of humor and even though he was a big deal in the soccer world internationally and was a busy guy, he always made himself available to coach our team from when I was 12-17, with a great deal of passion and with very little ego.

RIP coach.

Reaction Score
I learned so much from coach Diccico. Had the pleasure to play soccer for him in Farmington, CT for several years for FSA United. His son was the same age as me and we were on the same team. Taught me a great deal about teamwork, discipline & how to carry yourself professionally. Don't have a single bad word to say about him. He had a great sense of humor and even though he was a big deal in the soccer world internationally and was a busy guy, he always made himself available to coach our team from when I was 12-17, with a great deal of passion and with very little ego.

RIP coach.

His son was the same age as me and I played for him as well...I think we know each other.

I echo everything you said. He was a consummate professional and just a tremendous leader and coach, but really was an even better person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom