OT: Westbrook | The Boneyard

OT: Westbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just recorded his 11th triple double of the season yesterday. I know this might not be the popular opinion, but I'm in the minority that thinks Curry plays second fiddle in the race for best guard in the league.

Capture1.PNG

Reaction Score
You're in the minority, but statistically speaking you're also wrong.

Westbrook TS%: 55.8%
Curry TS%: 67.8%, which is absolutely insane.

Westbrook gets more rebounds and assists, but also .8 more turnovers per game. Their ORtgs are 125 and 116, respectively.

Westbrook is a great player and the best stat sheet stuffer in the NBA, but Curry's shooting is so unreal that it makes him, by far, the most efficient scorer in the league while also being the league's highest scorer. He's having one of the best seasons in history. He definitely isn't playing second fiddle to anyone.

Reaction Score
Just recorded his 11th triple double of the season yesterday. I know this might not be the popular opinion, but I'm in the minority that thinks Curry plays second fiddle in the race for best guard in the league.

View attachment 12347

I'm a huge russ fan. He's an absolute bull on the court.

But, Curry is just unconscious right now. It may be better to assess body of work as opposed to this season alone, because I just don't think you can argue against Steph right now.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Westbrook is a great player and the best stat sheet stuffer in the NBA, but Curry's shooting is so unreal that it makes him, by far, the most efficient scorer in the league while also being the league's highest scorer. He's having one of the best seasons in history. He definitely isn't playing second fiddle to anyone.

And Curry is a thread from damn near anywhere inside half court. It's at the point of absurdity.

I said in another thread that I'm not an NBA guy, but Curry is making me regularly tune-in to Golden State Warriors games of all things.

Reaction Score
Curry is way better.
He is not way better. He is better due to his crazy offensive game, and takes care of the ball better, but Russell is a better passer defender and rebounder. Steph is better, but by no means is he way better

Reaction Score
And Curry is a thread from damn near anywhere inside half court. It's at the point of absurdity.

I read somewhere a week or so ago that he's shooting 67% on shots between 28 feet and half court, giving a statistical expected value of 2.02 pts per shot. Meaning Steph scores more efficiently from that range than someone taking uncontested layups under the basket.

Reaction Score
I used to think Westbrook was better than Curry too mostly because I wasn't much of a fan of Curry. I can't say that anymore Curry is the best player in the world

Reaction Score
He is not way better. He is better due to his crazy offensive game, and takes care of the ball better, but Russell is a better passer defender and rebounder. Steph is better, but by no means is he way better
He's way better, Westbrook is talented as all hell and a stat stuffer but if it's a close game in the last few minutes there are a ton of guys I want over him. Westbrook gets more assists but no way in hell is he a better passer than Curry.

Reaction Score
He's way better, Westbrook is talented as all hell and a stat stuffer but if it's a close game in the last few minutes there are a ton of guys I want over him. Westbrook gets more assists but no way in hell is he a better passer than Curry.
Yeah he is better in the clutch, everyone knows that, he is probably the best clutch player in the league. But he isn't a better passer than Russell just because he goes behind the back and does flashy passes, the numbers don't lie, Russell averages 4 more assists. He also had 20 assists last night, so...

Reaction Score
Yeah he is better in the clutch, everyone knows that, he is probably the best clutch player in the league. But he isn't a better passer than Russell just because he goes behind the back and does flashy passes, the numbers don't lie, Russell averages 4 more assists. He also had 20 assists last night, so...
Curry just does flashy passes? He's the floor general for arguably the best team the league has ever seen. I used to like the Thunder years ago and thought they were a blast to watch. Unfortunately they have stagnated and or gotten worse. I find them horrible to watch nowadays, 5 minutes left in a close game and it's either Westbrook or Durant going 1 on 1 every possession, most predictable thing in the league. You would think they would have figured out by now that it doesn't work.

Reaction Score
Curry just does flashy passes? He's the floor general for arguably the best team the league has ever seen.
No I didn't mean that's all he does, but people may think that he is a better passer because of those flashy passes. Russell is second in the league in both assists and assist percentage. Curry is 11th in assists and and 15th in assist percentage.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Curry is a more creative passer, perhaps more inivative. However, Westbrook averages four more assists with much worse options than Curry. It's hard to aruge that. At the same time, people really do underate Currys passing abitity, because the way he scores grasps most of our attention. Westbrook also averages 2 more rebounds, and has 11 triple doubles on the year, which leads the NBA. In no way is Curry WAY better, that's a stretch.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Curry is a more creative passer, perhaps more inivative. However, Westbrook averages four more assists with much worse options than Curry. It's hard to aruge that. At the same time, people really do underate Currys passing abitity, because the way he scores grasps most of our attention. Westbrook also averages 2 more rebounds, and has 11 triple doubles on the year, which leads the NBA. In no way is Curry WAY better, that's a stretch.

Curry is way better because if you switch Westbrook and Curry, OKC gets way better and Warriors get much worse. Westbrook doesn't make his team better in the same way Curry does. Westbrook is a vastly superior athlete but not a vastly superior basketball player.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@polycom How do you know this? I could say the same thing. There's no way to prove that, unless they actually did it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
@polycom How do you know this? I could say the same thing. There's no way to prove that, unless they actually did it.

Look at the stats... statistically Curry is much more efficient shooter, he has a higher offensive efficiency rating. Not to mention personality wise could you imagine Draymond & Westbrook in the same locker room that sounds like a terrible idea.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@polycom Imagine if Westbrook played with Currys teammates, he probably average 12 assists, considering he's already averaging 10 with dion waiters and steven adams as starters. If Westbrook was on the Warriors he'd probably shoot more efficiently to. Not to mention Westbrook is the better defender between the two. It aint all about scoring.

Reaction Score
Look at the stats... statistically Curry is much more efficient shooter, he has a higher offensive efficiency rating. Not to mention personality wise could you imagine Draymond & Westbrook in the same locker room that sounds like a terrible idea.
That's more of a Draymond problem then Russ. Russ is very animated but he has never caused any problems.

Reaction Score
@polycom Imagine if Westbrook played with Currys teammates, he probably average 12 assists, considering he's already averaging 10 with dion waiters and steven adams as starters. If Westbrook was on the Warriors he'd probably shoot more efficiently to. Not to mention Westbrook is the better defender between the two. It aint all about scoring.
Westbrook plays with someone better than him who you fail to mention. It's almost criminal that two players who are considered top 5 players in the league aren't any theat to win it. 8 years of playing together and they are trending downward in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom