OT-West Virginia athletics | The Boneyard

OT-West Virginia athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, they have been an absolute disaster in all sports since moving to the Big 12, especially basketball. Kind of ironic since they claim to be the experts in all things related to conference realignment. Not long ago it seemed like they had a lot of momentum after their 2010 final four, and getting invited to the Big 12. I guess being on an island in a P5 conference isn't all it's cracked up to be performance wise. The same thing happened to Boston College and I assume the same will happen to Syracuse after the molester's best friend retires...

Reaction Score
Yeah a lot of his better teams had a bunch of kids from the NYC area if I remember correctly. That pipeline has been pretty much shut off it seems.

Reaction Score
WV pipeline to NyC, Nj and Philly has been eliminated. Not unexpected. What NE kid wants to play their games in Tex., Ok, Kansas and WV. Same thing will happen to Pitts. who also recruited these areas . The BE made WV and Pitt BB. They can all take their money to the bank as their fans suffer with poor teams.

Reaction Score
WV pipeline to NyC, Nj and Philly has been eliminated. Not unexpected. What NE kid wants to play their games in Tex., Ok, Kansas and WV. Same thing will happen to Pitts. who also recruited these areas . The BE made WV and Pitt BB. They can all take their money to the bank as their fans suffer with poor teams.

As far as recruiting Pitt will probably be fine, they started making inroads in the DMV and Baltimore areas when they got Sam Young and they now have have like 4 or 5 dudes on their roster from those spots. Whether their style of play adapts is another story.

Reaction Score
With MD moving to the B10, these kids will not be going home for games. I look for GT and MD to rule this area now.

Reaction Score
With MD moving to the B10, these kids will not be going home for games. I look for GT and MD to rule this area now.
they still play VA, and isn't the tourney moving to D.C.?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I just took a look at their bball schedule and I feel like I might be missing something.

They have 3 loses on the year. One was a 7 point loss to #10 Wisconsin. Another was a close loss to an 8-0 Mizzou team. They probably should have beat VT, but for the most part they are winning the games they should. Coincidentally, they beat Loyola MD by about 50 points while we kinda struggled with them.

I'm not saying they are an NCAA tourney team but based on the thread I expected to see some really terrible losses.

Reaction Score
I just took a look at their bball schedule and I feel like I might be missing something.

They have 3 loses on the year. One was a 7 point loss to #10 Wisconsin. Another was a close loss to an 8-0 Mizzou team. They probably should have beat VT, but for the most part they are winning the games they should. Coincidentally, they beat Loyola MD by about 50 points while we kinda struggled with them.

I'm not saying they are an NCAA tourney team but based on the thread I expected to see some really terrible losses.

They had a bad year last year, and VT is woeful this year.

Reaction Score
They were 13-19 last year and will be lucky to finish 500 this year. Virginia Tech is also the worst team in the ACC. I'm not saying they are the worst team in D1 or anything, but they have fallen off BIG TIME since leaving the Big East.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I knew they were bad last year but didn't realize what their final record was.

That's one team I don't really miss playing after the whole realignment thing. Guess I haven't been paying much attention to them.

Football is a different story.

Reaction Score
On another note, how great was the last game we played against them in the Big East tourney? I believe it was a 12 o'clock game and I snuck out of work to catch it. We were down like 10 with 6 minutes left and Shabazz went off, and we won in OT. The Garden was rocking. That was the high point of the 2012 season unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Huggy Bear has struggled at West Virginia. He lost a ton of players off of last years team, mostly due to transfers. He doesn't have a whole heck of a lot to work with right now.

Reaction Score
As far as recruiting Pitt will probably be fine, they started making inroads in the DMV and Baltimore areas when they got Sam Young and they now have have like 4 or 5 dudes on their roster from those spots. Whether their style of play adapts is another story.

I truly cannot see how their style of play, so perfect for the rough Big East, will ever transfer in any way shape or form to the soft ACC.

Reaction Score
On another note, how great was the last game we played against them in the Big East tourney? I believe it was a 12 o'clock game and I snuck out of work to catch it. We were down like 10 with 6 minutes left and Shabazz went off, and we won in OT. The Garden was rocking. That was the high point of the 2012 season unfortunately.
I was there as well. Really one of the best Garden atmospheres I've seen for an afternoon game (granted I wasn't at Kemba's game-winner the year before). Both fan bases were VERY loud. A shame we won't see those games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom