OT- Well it's heart operation time! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Well it's heart operation time!

Reaction Score
Damn Sherm---As many previously have said---Yale New Haven is among the best.
While the Medical systems elsewhere appear better--often the home grown are excellent just don't get the media exposures. St Francis in Hartford is also good.
I'd wish you luck--but you don't need it you have the best teams in the world working on you
God bless you Sherm---we'll hear back from you when you are out of the recovery room
Be careful with the nurses--some of them are married--

Reaction Score
I'm sure it'll go great. Fabulous people there. And Mondays are statistically, I'm told, the best day to see doctors, so I imagine it's the best time for operations, too. You'll do as great as our Huskies, and, meanwhile, I nominate you for HONORARY BADASS.

You are in all of our thoughts and prayers, and just think of how much better you'll feel afterwards.
Well done---he deserves the Badass award for courage---he's been looking at this in the eye for over a month maybe months---to me that is COURAGE.

Well said Bags---well done!!!

Reaction Score
After what you've been through you have earned and deserve all the luck and health I and everyone else can give to you. As MTHusky has said I may not like what you have to go through, but I can love the way you're handling it. Stay strong pal.
You dam well know that---he deserves all the health he can get---the luck was getting the Yale NH team!! He is one of the good guys--

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
With all the prayers and well wishes you'll get from the Boneyard, you're bound to come through with flying colors. Wishing you all the best and adding you to my prayers.

Reaction Score
Feel as if I know you because we've shared so many "likes." Heartfelt (no pun) wishes for your successful surgery and quick recovery. Don't worry about the team: they've got your back. Let's add to our "likes" totals, OK?

Reaction Score
Hey fellow Boneyarders, I'm having my heart operation on this coming Monday Feb. 6th at 11am at YaleNHH! It was supposed to be tomorrow, Friday the 3rd at 7:30am but was pushed back to Monday!
It's called a Myectomy(sp?) where they "shave" down one of the 4 chambers because it's grown too big, and dominates the other 3, so all the chambers are the same size! I'm supposed to spend about 5/6 days in the hospital after the surgery then 3 weeks at Bridebrook Rehab/recovery in Niantic, CT.
I've already missed the TX, theOSU, ECaro, Tulane, Houston, and I'll miss Tulsa and SMU definitely! I don't know about SoCar at Gampel yet?
YaleNHH has lousy TV reception and doesn't get SNY to boot! That s--ks big time! I'll have to try and watch SNY games on my iphone!
After 2 years of being sick I sure hope this turns my luck around!
I'd appreciate any positive vibes directed my way! I can use all the +'s I can get!

I'll keep this simple. Everything is going to go fine. You will complete your recovery and rehab in record time and UCONN will continue to win just for you.

And please, get your ass back on the Boneyard ASAP.

Reaction Score
SHERM - just now saw this...had no idea about this issue. You'll be in the best hands down there (voice of experience on that).
Just paused here and said a prayer for one of my favorites on the Yard: you. Also gonna roll out a special ball your way in the manner of the Score Prediction Threads where you've done so well: an SPT first.....coming your way is a pre-game SPEEDY RECOVERY BALL. Maybe you and a couple of nurses can play some sort of game with it, at least mentally :)

Reaction Score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Old Dude is right, for what you're going to be billed, SNY should be available on the hospital TV.

Reaction Score
Best of luck from a fellow patient of Yale Cardiology. Based upon my own outcomes there, I feel very confident about yours. Hurry back to us! You'll be just like Crystal... a little time off and you'll return better than ever!

Reaction Score
Hey Boneyarders, thanks for all the thoughts, best wishes & prayers! I met my surgeon when I was checking out the last time I was at YNHH a month ago, and I really like and trust him which I'm told is 1/2 the battle!
I'll be in touch after the surgery to check up on you all! Be tolerant of our opponents on the BY, they don't know any better!
Take care of yourselves!
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
All best wishes for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery. I hear watching UConn women's hoops is part of the cardiac surgery recovery therapy, so enjoy!

Reaction Score
Best wishes for a successful outcome and speedy recovery. We'll see you back at the BY in no time at all.

Reaction Score
Hey fellow Boneyarders, I'm having my heart operation on this coming Monday Feb. 6th at 11am at YaleNHH! It was supposed to be tomorrow, Friday the 3rd at 7:30am but was pushed back to Monday!
It's called a Myectomy(sp?) where they "shave" down one of the 4 chambers because it's grown too big, and dominates the other 3, so all the chambers are the same size! I'm supposed to spend about 5/6 days in the hospital after the surgery then 3 weeks at Bridebrook Rehab/recovery in Niantic, CT.
I've already missed the TX, theOSU, ECaro, Tulane, Houston, and I'll miss Tulsa and SMU definitely! I don't know about SoCar at Gampel yet?
YaleNHH has lousy TV reception and doesn't get SNY to boot! That s--ks big time! I'll have to try and watch SNY games on my iphone!
After 2 years of being sick I sure hope this turns my luck around!
I'd appreciate any positive vibes directed my way! I can use all the +'s I can get!

Though my Heart surgery was only a triple bypass you will be just fine. The scariest part is getting to the hospital and waiting for them to come get you. Once you are in the room and get that shot the next thing is waking up in ICU. As far as hospital WiFi, it's barely usable for web surfing and I don't think streaming will work. Just use the Hotspot on your phone and bring your or a laptop to use. Good Luck!!

Reaction Score
Just remember you're more than covered by the thoughts and love from the Boneyard!! We'll be with you in prayer from now , right through Monday --and will stand ready to welcome you back on-line shortly thereafter. Prayers and all the very best!!

Reaction Score
You are in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and I'll be looking forward to seeing you post again real soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom