OT: Was Warren Beatty hammered? | The Boneyard

OT: Was Warren Beatty hammered?

Reaction Score
Why would he think the best picture card would have the name of an actress? Maybe pause and check with someone. What a tool.

Reaction Score
Why would he think the best picture card would have the name of an actress? Maybe pause and check with someone. What a tool.
It wasn't his fault, how is it you are wrong on everything. He was handed the wrong envelope and was looking for the right envelope while trying to stall, Faye Dunaway read La La Land but it wasn't her fault either.

Reaction Score
He didn't help. He had the best actress one. Can't he read? So how did he decide he was supposed to make that the best picture? Shouldn't he have realized he had the wrong one when he read it and it said "Best Actress -- Emma Stone" and not "Best Picture," and then motioned back to the Oscar people to get he right one before handing it Dunaway to read? All she saw was LaLa Land

It wasn't his fault, how is it you are wrong on everything. He was handed the wrong envelope and was looking for the right envelope while trying to stall, Faye Dunaway read La La Land but it wasn't her fault either.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He didn't help. He had the best actress one. Can't he read? So how did he decide he was supposed to make that the best picture? Shouldn't he have realized he had the wrong one when he read it and it said "Best Actress -- Emma Stone" and not "Best Picture," and then motioned back to the Oscar people to get he right one before handing it Dunaway to read? All she saw was LaLa Land
I'm guessing they're told to just read whatever they're given without question.

Reaction Score
Haha, so Warren Beatty can't read or think on his feet, but he's an actor? Amazing stuff

My guess is going forward the instructions to the presenters is make sure when you open the envelope that the category it lists is what you're presenting for. Not

Mistakes happen

JSM is a gem

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I do agree with JSM here. Beatty deserves only a sliver of blame, but he goofed. It's like being 1% responsible for a $100 billion liability.

By his own admission, he was confused because the card said EMMA STONE, LA LA LAND. Instead of calling over Kimmel, he pawned it off on Dunaway to read. He knew something was wrong. That's why he stalled.

Somebody else REALLY goofed and will likely lose his or her job. But Beatty screwed up too.

Reaction Score
When he opened the card and saw Best Actress -- Stone -- LALA Land how did a light not go off?

I guess the bigger thing was why did it take so long to correct it, shouldn't someone have run out immediately after the announcement before the LALA Land guys started making speeches

Not the biggest deal ever and at least they fixed it then

I do agree with JSM here. Beatty deserves only a sliver of blame, but he goofed. It's like being 1% responsible for a $100 billion liability.

By his own admission, he was confused because the card said EMMA STONE, LA LA LAND. Instead of calling over Kimmel, he pawned it off on Dunaway to read. He knew something was wrong. That's why he stalled.

Somebody else REALLY goofed and will likely lose his or her job. But Beatty screwed up too.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how many of you have ever tried to think clearly when millions of people are staring at you expectantly, but it ain't easy. I do stand up and get nervous when there's like 50 people in the audience.

I guarantee JSM would cry like a baby with that many people staring at him/her on stage.

Reaction Score
Haha, so Warren Beatty can't read or think on his feet, but he's an actor? Amazing stuff

Actors are basically puppets who are also people.

Haven't you seen a behind the scenes special for a comedy? The amount of back-patting for any improvisation at all is incredible.

Anyways, Beatty didn't handle it perfectly, he definitely passed the buck to Dunaway, but he's an 80 year old man in a pressure-filled situation. The processing was a little too slow. Good on him for owning up to it, though.

Reaction Score
This is just displaced JSM anger about the movie about the good for nothing bottom feeders actually winning.

Reaction Score
I still find it incredulous that the Oscars and Presenters don't do a quick verification of the ballot against the category

Just a basic, if you are presenting on Best Actor and the form says Best Screenplay maybe pause and call an Oscar official over

No I didn't. I was mocking JSM's general views on unions and state DOT workers/contractors.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
A bunch of grown men arguing about the oscars..... I've seen it all:eek:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Beatty didn't really goof, he didn't even read it. He was looking at it very oddly, it was Faye Dunaway who eventually grabbed it and said it.
The fault lies in whomever is responsible for putting that envelope in their hands.

Reaction Score
I thought he said he did that is why he paused. I think she just saw La La Land

It was odd in a sense because had it been another category by accident she may have blurted out a movie that wasn't even nominated. That would have been better in a sense.

Beatty didn't really goof, he didn't even read it. He was looking at it very oddly, it was Faye Dunaway who eventually grabbed it and said it.
The fault lies in whomever is responsible for putting that envelope in their hands.

Reaction Score
Actors are basically puppets who are also people.

Haven't you seen a behind the scenes special for a comedy? The amount of back-patting for any improvisation at all is incredible.

Anyways, Beatty didn't handle it perfectly, he definitely passed the buck to Dunaway, but he's an 80 year old man in a pressure-filled situation. The processing was a little too slow. Good on him for owning up to it, though.

See I feel like he was showing it to her implying "well this can't be right, what do we do?" because he's mic'ed up and can't just go "wtf?!"

I don't think you at all expect the envelope to have the wrong information, so you aren't really ready to just go "well this says best actress and that can't be right, somebody want to help me out here?, however I'm sure from here on out any presenter is ready with that in the pocket

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Guy's 80 years old. I think he gets a pass here.

Reaction Score
There are accountants at both sides of the stage holding the relevant envelopes. The envelope for Emma Stone's award came from one side of the stage and the guy on the other end of the stage who should have discarded the Best Actress envelope and moved onto the Best Picture one was apparently too busy taking pictures of celebrities to do that, so he handed Beatty the envelope for the prior award.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom