OT- Warriors | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They're undoubtedly a great team but the league is really mediocre this year. There's really only 4 good teams. The Finals will be Cleveland vs. GS/SA/OKC. I'd be shocked if any other team lasts more than 5 games against those teams. Then OKC and SA will play each other for the right to play GS.

Reaction Score
This is another reason that I watch almost no NBA anymore. The NBA wanted a run and gun game based on the 3, and it got it. They were going for the marginal fan, which is good business. The marginal fan doesn't want to see a well executed offensive play that ends up in a open twelve footer or a Tim Duncan half hook. They want to see whirlwind dunks and 3 point bombs. So now the NBA is a game where it's crash and bomb, and the rules have been altered to favor 3 point bombing. As a long time fan and long time player, I don't find the NBA game entertaining anymore. Best basketball I ever saw was Lakers/Celtics and Bulls/Pistons eras.

LBJ would be a great player, and the tops in the game, in any era since basketball was invented. Michael Jordan as well. Throw in Oscar. These guys are the best of the best. Put Curry in the 80s or 90s and he'd be a very good player.

The evolution of the game - and the emphasis on the three point shot - has nothing to do with rule changes or what the fans want. More people simply realized that a three was worth 50% more than a two, and began to adjust their offensive philosophies accordingly.

Watched much of the college game? Until recently, it was grabbing and hand-checking heaven. Ask Louisville. Didn't stop teams from chucking up a ton of threes.

People love to talk about the trouble guys like Curry and Thompson would have in a more physical era but fail to mention the other side of the coin. Golden State sports an elite defense with those same rules - it isn't hard to envision a roster consisting of guys like Iguodola, Green, and Bogut adapting.

Nobody liked the '04 Pistons as much as me, so this isn't a personal preference. It's just too dismissive a take to chalk their success up to a gimmick offense.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This thing where guys like Frank Ivy preface their post by saying they don't watch the NBA and then proceed to lecture on the state of the NBA never stops being entertaining.

If the "marginal fan doesn't want to see a well executed offensive play" they should stay away from Golden State games. Their offense is far more creative than "whirlwind dunks and 3 point bombs." You don't have to be the authority on everything, Frank.
You are brutal. No wonder you got tossed. I'd give anything to see footage of what you said and events that followed in that Maryland game. It would have to be archived in tcf's files.

Reaction Score
This thing where guys like Frank Ivy preface their post by saying they don't watch the NBA and then proceed to lecture on the state of the NBA never stops being entertaining.

If the "marginal fan doesn't want to see a well executed offensive play" they should stay away from Golden State games. Their offense is far more creative than "whirlwind dunks and 3 point bombs." You don't have to be the authority on everything, Frank.
He watches UConn and all the other offenses in college basketball, they are so much more proficient and less gimmicky than Golden State and the rest of the NBA. When I created this thread I had a momentary lapse about how lame this board is when it comes to the NBA.

Reaction Score
How anyone can find a way to discredit or discount 70+ wins is beyond imagination. I'm no NBA fan but do know that is a hellava lot of games to win, and it proves consistency.

Why not celebrate it, as it may be a generation or two before we see it again? Of course if they win Wednesday, but evento tie Chicago is greatness.

Reaction Score
Robertelamin

"No one plays defense in the NBA anyway so the record means pretty much nothing." Thanks, you clearly know a lot about basketball.

I thought I would lure in more guppies. The NBA fans here are as sensitive as the Patriot fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom