OT- Warriors | The Boneyard

OT- Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After struggling a bit lately the Warriors got the win they needed tonight on the Spurs home court. They are now tied with the Bulls and in the final game on Wednesday night they will have the chance to break the all-time regular season record. Love that they have wanted this record so much and will be watching them break it on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
warriors_081pyxurz.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
After struggling a bit lately the Warriors got the win they needed tonight on the Spurs home court. They are now tied with the Bulls and in the final game on Wednesday night they will have the chance to break the all-time regular season record. Love that they have wanted this record so much and will be watching them break it on Wednesday.

Can't believe the Spurs had the possibility of going undefeated at home this season. That's a hell of a record in and of itself.

Reaction Score
They don't deserve it.

A handful of wins were gift wrapped to them by the officials, most notably the Memphis game the other day. Draymond flagrant (since when is contact with head and neck not considered to be a Flagrant 1), reversal of offensive interference on Draymond and the no-call on the foul on Stephenson were all terrible.

Also coming to mind that was a travesty was the reversal of a blocking foul on Curry that became a charge on KAT on review. Should have at least became a no call and basket would still count. Thankfully the Wolves managed to still win in OT.

Reaction Score
They don't deserve it.

A handful of wins were gift wrapped to them by the officials, most notably the Memphis game the other day. Draymond flagrant (since when is contact with head and neck not considered to be a Flagrant 1), reversal of offensive interference on Draymond and the no-call on the foul on Stephenson were all terrible.

Also coming to mind that was a travesty was the reversal of a blocking foul on Curry that became a charge on KAT on review. Should have at least became a no call and basket would still count. Thankfully the Wolves managed to still win in OT.
Bwahahaha. Cherry pick some calls and you are saying they don't deserve the record, you've got to be a Bulls fan. By the way the Draymond tip in was a blown call, good thing they went to replay and got it right.

Reaction Score
The point is if those calls aren't made in their favor, they don't get the record. Or are you too daft to accept it? Outside of that, the entire season the team has been able to get away with moving screens like crazy, especially from draymond and bogut. It is already impossible to guard curry (and klay) and the NBA officiating has made it even worse.

I actually am not a fan of any NBA team and just follow the UConn alum and how they do in the NBA, which is mostly bad nowadays, unfortunately. I do have other players I like and dislike, though. Curry being one I like, I am just calling it how I see it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The point is if those calls aren't made in their favor, they don't get the record. Or are you too daft to accept it? Outside of that, the entire season the team has been able to get away with moving screens like crazy, especially from draymond and bogut. It is already impossible to guard curry (and klay) and the NBA officiating has made it even worse.

I actually am not a fan of any NBA team and just follow the UConn alum and how they do in the NBA, which is mostly bad nowadays, unfortunately. I do have other players I like and dislike, though. Curry being one I like, I am just calling it how I see it.

We get it you don't like the NBA but to say that the refs are the reason the Warriors got to the record is asinine. Your eyes are lying to you. This Warriors team is top 5 team in NBA history.

Reaction Score

To the extent Golden State breaks the record, it will almost certainly be because they got away with moving screens. You nailed it. Amazed more people aren't talking about this.

Reaction Score
They're every bit the dominant, winning machine that the Bulls were.
That written, for me, they are nowhere near as compelling or interesting as the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman bulls, and seem more the result of a modern gimmick offense than the confluence of great players and coaches. No bulls fan here - was an ardent Lakers fan until MJ pulled his hammi.

Reaction Score
They don't deserve it.

This is what a bad take looks like.

Reaction Score
They don't deserve it.

There has to be a cloud in the sky somewhere that you should be shaking your fist at instead of composing these posts.

Reaction Score

Curry does get calls, just like Jordan got calls and every other great player in the history of the sport got calls. It's hardly a phenomenon unique to Golden State.

Additionally, citing singular instances of bad calls (though the reversal of the charge Towns took was egregious) to diminish the feat is as logical as blaming historical ineptitude on a tough whistle. Over the course of a season, great teams probably get a few more calls, and the reverse is true as well, but officials aren't helping you beat a 39-0 Spurs team on a back-to-back.

Reaction Score
They're every bit the dominant, winning machine that the Bulls were.
That written, for me, they are nowhere near as compelling or interesting as the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman bulls, and seem more the result of a modern gimmick offense than the confluence of great players and coaches. No bulls fan here - was an ardent Lakers fan until MJ pulled his hammi.

Ugh. "Modern gimmick offense" is pretty ludicrous. Having the best player in the league usually bodes well for a teams success.

Drayman does get away with a ton of moving picks though.

Reaction Score
No one plays defense in the NBA anyway so the record means pretty much nothing.

Reaction Score
Drayman does get away with a ton of moving picks though.
I call their offense "gimmicky" because it entirely relies on no-touching rules and sliding screens. Pippen said his Bulls team would sweep them. Well, if they used 1996 rules, maybe. If they used 2016 rules, then the GSW would win.

And some people would actually argue that Curry was better than Jordan. So.

Reaction Score
Having the best player in the league usually bodes well for a teams success.
This is another reason that I watch almost no NBA anymore. The NBA wanted a run and gun game based on the 3, and it got it. They were going for the marginal fan, which is good business. The marginal fan doesn't want to see a well executed offensive play that ends up in a open twelve footer or a Tim Duncan half hook. They want to see whirlwind dunks and 3 point bombs. So now the NBA is a game where it's crash and bomb, and the rules have been altered to favor 3 point bombing. As a long time fan and long time player, I don't find the NBA game entertaining anymore. Best basketball I ever saw was Lakers/Celtics and Bulls/Pistons eras.

LBJ would be a great player, and the tops in the game, in any era since basketball was invented. Michael Jordan as well. Throw in Oscar. These guys are the best of the best. Put Curry in the 80s or 90s and he'd be a very good player.

Reaction Score
Wonder what game gets higher ratings.

Kobe last game ever vs Warriors going for 73

Not the biggest kobe fan but would love to see him go out with a vintage performance. I hope by byron Scott let's him shoot 30 times

Reaction Score
I call their offense "gimmicky" because it entirely relies on no-touching rules and sliding screens. Pippen said his Bulls team would sweep them. Well, if they used 1996 rules, maybe. If they used 2016 rules, then the GSW would win.

And some people would actually argue that Curry was better than Jordan. So.

Not to sure about that. Pippen and Jordan would cause to much trouble for the Warriors on both ends of the court. They have never faced a defensive duo like them and then throw in Rodman who would eat Draymonds lunch. Kerr and kukoc weren't slouches either

Reaction Score
They don't deserve it.

So no possibility of any of their losses having been impacted by bad officiating, then ?

Reaction Score
Dude they have won 72 games thats hard as hell to do, just admire greatness, rather then bitch about it.

Reaction Score
This is another reason that I watch almost no NBA anymore. The NBA wanted a run and gun game based on the 3, and it got it. They were going for the marginal fan, which is good business. The marginal fan doesn't want to see a well executed offensive play that ends up in a open twelve footer or a Tim Duncan half hook. They want to see whirlwind dunks and 3 point bombs. So now the NBA is a game where it's crash and bomb, and the rules have been altered to favor 3 point bombing. As a long time fan and long time player, I don't find the NBA game entertaining anymore. Best basketball I ever saw was Lakers/Celtics and Bulls/Pistons eras.

LBJ would be a great player, and the tops in the game, in any era since basketball was invented. Michael Jordan as well. Throw in Oscar. These guys are the best of the best. Put Curry in the 80s or 90s and he'd be a very good player.

This thing where guys like Frank Ivy preface their post by saying they don't watch the NBA and then proceed to lecture on the state of the NBA never stops being entertaining.

If the "marginal fan doesn't want to see a well executed offensive play" they should stay away from Golden State games. Their offense is far more creative than "whirlwind dunks and 3 point bombs." You don't have to be the authority on everything, Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom