OT: Vikings-Giants | The Boneyard

OT: Vikings-Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This has to be the worst football game ever played on Monday night.

Only the Vikings would snap up another winless team's quarterback and immediately install him as the starter.

I hate them.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm a Giants fan and this game has just been horrific to watch.

Can't even imagine what the rest of the country is thinking, or worse yet, a Viking fan.

Reaction Score

Only the Vikings would snap up another winless team's quarterback and immediately install him as the starter.

I hate them.

Leslie Frazier looks like a guy who just wandered onto the field and they gave him a Vikings shirt, visor, and headset

Reaction Score

I hate them.[/quote
Not a good year for my teams. Have season tickets to both the
Vikings and UConn and has been a terrible investment.
Leslie Frazier and Pasquloni have the same demeanor...both of them look like they have gas.

Reaction Score
that wasnt even a football game it was a comedy central roast. The Giants Dline is just as bad as their Oline ok maybe a little better but not much at all. Freeman had all day to throw back there and couldnt complete anything even in garbage type with the Giants playing a prevent defense. Why are Sunday night games so much better then Monday night games now it used to be the other way around.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Being a Viking fan is generally a miserable experience.

It involves long stretches of misery, punctuated by brief moments of hope and then crushing despair.

The lows are very low, but I can't remember when I saw anything as depressing as seeing Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder and Matt Casell standing together on the sideline. It's like P, GDL and Jeff Hathaway in pads.

Reaction Score
Seeing Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder and Matt Casell standing together on the sideline. It's like P, GDL and Jeff Hathaway in pads.

Really? Which one had the smoking hot wife?

Reaction Score
As ugly as this one was to watch I seem to remember a Monday Night tie in the early 80's(?)between the Giants and St. Louis Cardinals that was brutal.

A pin in the eye would have been more enjoyable.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That game was unwatchable but with so much on the line (#1 pick), it was understandable.

Reaction Score
That was one game that lived down to its billing. I had the good fortune to witness it in person.

Reaction Score
The Minneapolis papers just lambasted the entire Vikings organization from the top to the bottom...

"Freeman proved stunningly inaccurate, a Wild Thing in football pants, and he fit right in, in a game where the Vikings forced the Giants to accept their first victory of the season.
Neither is guaranteed to win again this year"

I do look at the upcoming games for the Vikings (GBay; @Dallas; Washington; @Seattle; @Gbay) and we're staring at 1-9...

Not getting any help from my Huskies either.. :(

Reaction Score
I'm expecting a Gilbride for UConn HC thread any second now.

Sad thing.....it wouldn't be close to the worst suggestions here on the Yard.

Reaction Score
Adrien Peterson is in the same situation Barry Sanders was in with the Lions, years of his prime being wasted. The Vikings are pretty much a 2 man team Peterson and Jared Allen.

Reaction Score

It involves long stretches of misery, punctuated by brief moments of hope and then crushing despair.

The lows are very low, but I can't remember when I saw anything as depressing as seeing Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder and Matt Casell standing together on the sideline. It's like P, GDL and Jeff Hathaway in pads.

how do you get through it were you a fan since the Fran Tarkenton days

Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

My first football memory is the Vikings losting to the Raiders in the Super Bowl and Fran Tarkenton breaking his leg against the Bengals. I might have been four or five or so.

It's not been a great experience. My brothers are Steelers and Giants fans which doesn't improve matters.

Reaction Score
Fran Tarkenton days. . . . . . . Iv'e been a fan since the Joe Kapp days. Nothing more beautiful than watching Joe Kapp roll out, run a few linebackers over and then complete a perfectly executed end over end pass ( thats all he could throw) to Gene Washington or Bill Brown.

Or the famous Jim Marshall run back of a Billy Kilmer fumble the wrong way for a safety in 1964. . . . . Those were some painful days as a Viking fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom