OT: VCU Transfers | The Boneyard

OT: VCU Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

VCU mod says he is hearing Larrier may be leaving too.

caw

Reaction Score

VCU mod says he is hearing Larrier may be leaving too.

Man as much as VCU fans have annoyed me this past year, that stinks for them. Lose three top recruits and maybe their two best freshmen also.

Edit: that said I'd take Larrier and any of their recruits in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
They're rediscovering their level:

AttT4DS.jpg

It would tickle me if we got Larrier.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Should just serve as a reminder how lucky we were to have the Big East resources during Calhoun's come up. For programs to make the leap now, they have to string together at least 2 miracle hires.

caw

Reaction Score
Should just serve as a reminder how lucky we were to have the Big East resources during Calhoun's come up. For programs to make the leap now, they have to string together at least 2 miracle hires.

And the crazy thing is VCU has had two solid and one home run hire to get to where they are/were and yet they could completely fall off track if their current hire isn't also a homerun.

Oddly Shaka going to a potential powerhouse could actually help UConns recruiting.

Instead of VCU and Texas both recruiting well it's only Texas and honestly I'm not sure Shaka will do a better job of recruiting than Barnes did. And while it may make Texas a better coaches team, I'd take Ollie on the Xs and Os over Shaka any day.

Reaction Score
But, but, but...just last week their fans were boasting about VCU being a "true program" and a "destination for coaches" and "being bigger than any one coach"...and how they literally own the word "havoc"."

Reaction Score
They may never sniff at the NIT again, let alone the NCAA. Wow....
VCU was making tourney appearances under Capel and Grant, the program definitely elevated itself under Smart but its not like he built them up from nothing. They'll probably be fine once they get thru this gutting.

Reaction Score
vcu was definitely successful before smart, but they are also in a new conference thats better + deeper. Who knows though, maybe smart's replacement ends up better than smart, which has been the trend there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Where we were fortunate (as a few of our BE brethren lost their coaches over the years) was that JC did view UConn as a destination job, had the vision to see what we could become (at a time when he did enough to get calls yet we were not viewed by most as the same level as a few marquee BE schools, much less many schools outside of the BE) and remained at the school to finish the job (South Carolina, after we already had a title in our pocket was the only time he was even close to leaving).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom