OT: Vacation plans? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Vacation plans?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Love New England, except for Red Sox fanatics. Sorry for the sarcasm.
If you can visit Acadia National Park in or near Bar Harbor, Maine, don't miss it. Absolutely gorgeous. There's a restaurant in the Park that specializes in popovers. Can't remember the name.
Bronx23

Acadia is one of my favorite places on earth. My father is a native Mainer, so he took us there a couple of times when I was a kid. My wife and I have gone there about every other year since we got married. We used to camp, but our daughter decided a few years ago that she doesn't like camping, so we've rented houses the last couple of trips. We have our regular haunts. I assume the restaurant you're talking about is the one at Jordan Pond. It's always so crowded in late June-early July that we've never gotten in.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
To those in visiting my now home state of Arizona - yes, there are some cool sites - I too have visited Winslow and stood on the corner. And I have the shirt to prove it.

My wife and I were in Vegas last week for the Glass Craft and Bead Show - my wife does glass art. She took 3 half day classes (her health is not up to a full day class), walked the exhibit hall floor, etc. We were at the Southpoint, we only went to the strip for 2 dinners (again, the health thingy). Ate at Buddy V's and at Chef Robert Irvine's Public House. The Public House was very good, I could see why it got mixed reviews but it was really, really good.

In 2 weeks we go to Santa Cruz so that my wife can take a glass class - her 4th - at Bonny Doon Glass, 3rd with visiting artist Craig Mitchell Smith (the other was with the studio owner). It will be a tough 3 days, she usually fades a bit during some of the class. OTH, I love to walk along the cliff for exercise.

No other plans (at this point).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom